PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Since I am only entering my 3rd week in my pipe smoking career, I began to wonder what is normal. I have only ever smoked 1 bowl a day but I think that has more to do with my job and my "setup". Is pipe smoking like cigarette smoking in that a person can go through a pack a day or maybe 1 oz of tobacco in 1 day?

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Depends. I try to smoke a pipe after work and up to 3 a day on weekends. Sometimes I smoke none. Depends on my time. Generally it takes me over a few weeks to go through a tin.

tmilz20

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
If I'm lucky, I get 1 or 2 bowls a week. Travel, work, exercise, and life still take priority for me. Also, smoking inside my house is a no-no, so I go out to my garage with a propane heater to take away the chill in Michigan winters. If it's summertime, I sit outside up to 10 or 11 at night because Michigan is blessed with long summer nights. Alas there are weeks that sometimes go by where I get zero bowls in. When I get home, I make up for it with up to two bowls a day over the weekend. That said, i think about a bowl at least twice a day! It can take me many months to go through a tin.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
1 or 2 and sometimes a cigar on top of that, many cigarillos throughout. But today is my birthday so the answer today is "as many as I want."

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Well I smoke probably 4 days out of the week and I'm smoke anywhere from 1 bowl to 5 bowls depending on weather and my mood through out the day

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Just one,,,all day long
Good one dottle!!
Having never smoked before and smoking a pipe for just under a year now, I average probably about 1 bowl every 2-3 days. Sometimes I have 2-3 bowls in a day and sometimes I go a week or more without having any. I smoke outside and in the winter it can be a PITA to smoke when it is -20C.....like right now, lol. I had a nice bowl of Dunhill last night as it was fairly warm and maybe again on the weekend when it warms up a bit. Moving soon and plan to have a nice double garage, so I will be able to smoke out there in the winter.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
One bowl a day before my second son was born in June. After he was born a bowl or two a week.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Three to five bowls a day, mostly small bowls, or half bowl now half bowl later. Perhaps 1/4 oz a day at the most, depending on what I am doing. I don't know how one could smoke 1 oz a day but I guess it is possible, just like people smoking 2 packs of nails a day ....

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
anywhere from 2-5 a day depending. Weekends more on the high end. I also smoke smaller pipes, probably nothing larger than a group 5, most around the 3-4 range.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
3 to 5 a day, 2 in the morning with coffee, maybe one during the day and maybe 2 late in the night , I am retired so I have the time, came back after 40 yrs and I am enjoying it more now The old cajun

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I just finished my 1st bowl after a 3 day biz trip and man was it fantastic .

Status
Not open for further replies.