PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
Well here's an question for yall. Do you find when smoking more than one bowl of whatever it may be like say Mac Barens Gold Of Denmark, than smoking another bowl (in a different pipe of course) of say Mac Baren Chocolate and Honey makes the flavored tobacco more robust, as in the flavoring is more pronounced? I usually smoke a few bowls of whatever suits my fancy at the time and I constantly find that to be the case. :?:

Jan 8, 2013
Yes. Switching it up always seems to help the incoming blend seem more pronounced. Although, on rare occasion, if I smoke a few bowls of something really strong, then switch to something light, my taste buds will be shot and I get next to nothing in the flavor department.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
YES! I've found the same thing! I'll smoke some Sam Gawith Navy Flake followed by some Malange and nada...

After I have smoked one blend all day, I've killed the taste receptors for that blend, so switching to another blend will hit on other taste receptors. I think. I don't know the science, but this is why many of us rotate tobaccos all day. I tend to have between four and twelve blends open at a time. I prefer to have no more than six open, but... sometimes I can't help myself, ha ha!!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I don't usually switch hit blends back-to-back. I'll smoke a single blend all day on the drive to work, at work and on the way back. Once I get home if I keep smoking I'll smoke something else, but not vey often do I bounce around blends in rapid succession. When I do I would have to agree with @cosmicfolklore that the taste receptors not numbed by one blend will light up with something new.
I had three blends today: aro, VaPer and English. Each one hit different notes on my palate for me.

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
I have notice the same. Some of the blends will affect how sensitive my taste goes for salty or sweet even to the point to make food or drinks plain disgusting! but usually after a couple of hours the sensation will diminish and finally fade away...
I personally will not burn bowls back to back even if is the same blend, I enjoy the flavor of the tobacco more than the nicotine content so I will have to wait at least 45 to 60 minutes before light another bowl, I will change sometimes blends from a soft taste blend to something more strong on the middle of the day and go for something sweet to close the day.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I start my day with a milder blend and then work my weigh up the strength ladder as the day goes on. I always use a different pipe for each bowl and I dedicate all my pipes to either categories of blends or individual blends. I cannot remember the last time I smoked two bowls of the same tobacco in a row.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Rarely, I'll smoke two bowls back to back, same pipe, same tobacco. Something magic happens for the first half of the second bowl, to me. But most often I'll smoke different tobaccos, and almost always different pipes, if I'm having two.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This post makes me aware that I rarely have a second bowl of the same tobacco. I might try it. Usually,

if I go on to a second bowl in a different pipe (it would always be a different pipe) I go to a different

tobacco, usually of a different kind, like from a burley forward to a Va/Per, for example. I usually go for

something at the same level or a little stronger. I haven't tried jumping back to mild. Interesting question.

Status
Not open for further replies.