PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Wife asked how many I had so I counted 103 , so she asked is that enough? no I said she just said ok! how many do you have?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I stock/cellar six blends, I keep another 3 or 4 for regular rotation, and I've been known to try a bowl of this a bowl of that. Helps to work for SPC. If I limited myself to one or two blends it would be like smoking cigs, and too much variety would be confusing. YMVW.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Wife asked how many I had so I counted 103...
Quite a few, but not even close to that many which is more than enough for me. Too many would only make things confusing. Considering that I only smoke about one to two bowls on an average per day, and also considering my age any more would be a waste of money for me.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
Only 3 in stock. I'm new to pipe smoking and have been focused on getting pipes. I've tried 11 blends (4 of them OTC) so far. To be honest, I could probably be content smoking just Nightcap.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
well rcstan got any inside goodies info? just kidding but you will be glad to know that almost all my tobacco an a few pipes are from smoking pipes great bunch of deals an people

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
well if I had to round it down to my top 10 picks nightcap would be in there .

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
When all is said and done, and if push came shove, I could probably be content with PA and Mixture 965. Two opposite ends of the spectrum, as it were, and a good variation. :wink:

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Twelve. Two of which are untried. On my way home from work I was wondering if I'd rather cellar large amounts of a few blends, or more blends with less volume. Timely thread!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
scrooge,
I can't really offer any insights since people's tastes vary so much. I can suggest stuff based on what you enjoy, or I can list my current favorites, regular smokes and stockers ( sometimes they change over time too ), in no particular order : Royal Yacht, Hamborger Veermaster, Irish Flake, Woodbridge, Germain's Plumcake, Erinmore Flake, Balkan Sasieni, MM965, GLP Navigator, McClelland Fragrant Mature Cake .

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
8 blends/tins that I cellar and a bunch of one-offs. Also two pouch tobaccos that keep the cellar growing/aging.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I have about 30 blends open in jars, some of them get ignored for long periods of time and some of them get smoked every week. I like to buy a tin or an ounce of anything that sounds like I might like it, either from description/review or recommendation. So far there have been only a very small handful of blends that I would not smoke further than a bowl or two and have passed on to someone else. I keep a record of what I would purchase again. The repurchase is where I get a bit fussier, of the 60 blends I have tried in total, I would repurchase 15.

My calculator is not handy but i believe that is halfway to a half.
Isaac.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
warren wrote:
Yep, as time goes on that number is sounding more and more to my liking and I could survive quite nicely with that amount of blends. Keep it simple; life is complicated enough as it is let alone worrying, and or being concerned about what blend to choose out of a myriad of blends on hand. Then again, I've never considered pipe smoking as a hobby, but simply, well... smoking a pipe! :wink:

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
26 in mason jars and 12 different (5 tins each) in cellar. I am weak when I get something new and I have to try it, I only have 26 now because I ran out of jars and space in my tobacco cabinet.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I am currently building another 19 count pipe rack, when that is finished I may have to build a bigger cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.