PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
Hello friends just looking for some guidance. I placed an order for some tobacco and one off the ordered C&D Autumn Evening was on backorder. I realized this tobacco was on backorder, but figured it would come in a week or two later. Recently I called the retailor and asked about my backorder. She told me it would be here in 1 to 2 weeks. Now it's been over a month and 1/2 and still waiting. But I noticed they charged my credit card the day of the purchase.
question: How long is long enough to wait for a backordered product, I have been waiting 1 1/2 months now. Maybe if they run out of a tobacco shouldn't they just mark as sold out, until they get more stock in?

First off, this is a conversation that is not going to get resolved on a public forum. At best we can only sympathize with you. I would call the retailer and have this discussion with them. They will react to your having to wait for six weeks much better than we can. But, you are a way nicer person than me. I would have done ripped an ear off of a telephone rep- and spit it in their face, and spit spattered their own blood in their face while yelling obscenities.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about throwing a fit, but I would sure give them some more prompts -- arch and stern as appropriate. They're at the mercy of their wholesale supplier (blender) but they can prompt them. I don't knowingly order out-of-stock items for this reason, but I know you can do it unknowingly. A recent experience was good -- I copped one of the last pipes of its kind, on deep discount, which was pleasing.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Oh, that's not a fit. Last time he pulled their heart out of their chest and booted it down the street. But yes, definitely call them back and try to get some sort of satisfaction.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
I just called the customer service line and they said, "they are at the mercy of the maker. She said Cornell & Diehl is a very popular brand. And Autumn Evening is their most popular and can take up to 6 months. I almost dropped the phone.
I am a noobie to these online retailors, so I'll just bend over and take it. The rep did tell me they're having a big sale with reduced shipping fees and many sale items this month from Aug 21-26th.
Awesome-I can order some more back ordered supplies and spend my days waiting on backordered tobacco LMAO

I would have demanded a full refund, and went to one of the many other B&M's or other online retailers and bought it. But honestly, unless you are an aromatic lover, don't expect anything fantastic from this blend. I bought into the hype when I first started and tried it, still have some, but it is nothing more than just another aromatic. There is slightly more nicotine in it, but don't expect anything magical. Sure, it's good for an aromatic, but if you are someone who loves the flavor of tobacco over the kiddie flavored swill sold as aromatics, you will most likely be disappointed.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
I asked for them to throw me a bone like refund or give me 10% off next order or something to win my loyalty. She said she can't. I would have escalated the issue to a manage but it's on 8 oz's I think $16.00 was the total

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
:puffy: I can understand your frustration. I council cancelling and reordering from elsewhere. It's wrong to tell you 1 - 2 weeks and then change that figure, but it seems to happen with certain companies. I no longer even entertain the thought about pulling the trigger on anything that shows as back-ordered. But then I am a cranky old fart.

She couldn't give you a refund on something that they never gave you? Really? I would have had a mouth full of ears, chewing the cartledge, and shooting fire out of my eyes as I spewed dead babies all over the room. That is utterly the stupidest thing I could have heard, and you... you just shrugged? Said, "fair enough." :::sigh::: I want to be your best best friend.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
lol...I admit she bent me over and I took it, and she took my man card. That Autumn Evening better be like gold for this wait.
I'm gonna call and asked for the manager and see what they will say.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
just switched order to Hearth and Home 10-Midnight, I hope it lives up to the hype. Thanks for the help friends :puffy:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Eh I've got an order of fragrant matured cake on backorder since May 1st. I'm waiting patiently as it was during one of P&C's sale. However in this case I won't be charged until they ship it. So I'll just keep on waiting.
Autumn Evening is ok. Why don't you just order it from smokingpipes.com?
Also if you want an tobacco that tastes like it smells give PS Luxury Twist Flake a shot. Smells/tastes like coconut and vanilla to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.