PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Hello all,

Just wondering how long is the longest you can keep a pipe lit with out relighting. Include type of tobacco (brand is probably easiest), pipe brand, and size of bowel.
My longest is an hour in a large Meerschaum smoking The Pipe Rooms Black Forest blend. I only have about 4 oz left and I love it, sadly they don't make it any more so I was trying to make it last.
Hope I'm in the right place for this, if not you can just call me newb. :puffpipe:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
With no interruptions and a large pipe with a nice dry English blend usually better than an hour.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
What is the world record slow smoke time? I thought something over 3 hrs with 3grams of tobacco.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
@ portascat:
I don't really time a bowl, but I get some really decent smokes with Lame IQ and my Ward Cleaver.
8O You might best watch your back around here if you're gonna speak such things like "Lame" 1Q.

Lawrence might have to take your tongue! :rofl:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I've hit around 30 minutes a few times. Perhaps.

More common for me is to get engrossed in what is going on while I'm smoking, bowl goes out.

Boob-tube, or a book or conversation, meh , no biggie.

This even happens when all I'm doing is smoking. Hit that really nice contemplative stage, space a little..... hmmm, bowl's out.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think my best time to date is 1 hour 42 minutes.

Balkan Sasieni in my Johs Bulldog.

johs-bull-dog-449x600.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My longest with no relights was probably somewhere around an hour with my Aran B5 and a bowl of Luxury Blend. The whole smoke lasted for about two hours, but I went around an hour with no relights.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My Dunhill chimney just keeps going, always English blends in that one. I made the mistake of packing a bowl at 7:15 this morning, when I knew the Formula 1 Spa race started at 8 AM. A few minutes before 8 AM, she was still going strong but getting close to the bottom. I had to dump out and get inside nearly missing the important start of the race (F1 starts always fraught with damage, etc.)

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I average around 20 minutes... most of my pipes are so small that they only last 30 to 45 minutes anyways. However, on a good day in the car waiting on the kids to get out of school, I can prolong that to last the entire 2 hours I'm stuck in one spot.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
The world's record is 3 hours and 30 minutes on 3 grams of tobacco. Smoking contests are fun to participate in. My official best time is one hour and a half. The technique of slow smoking is different than just smoking your pipe slowly and certainly is not enjoyable. Kevin and Bob have participated in smoking contests.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i once got 2 hours out of my nording with some old VA flake it was an incredible smoke.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I've hit around 30 minutes a few times. Perhaps.

More common for me is to get engrossed in what is going on while I'm smoking, bowl goes out.

Boob-tube, or a book or conversation, meh , no biggie.

This even happens when all I'm doing is smoking. Hit that really nice contemplative stage, space a little..... hmmm, bowl's out
this is me. The pipe is what I am doing when i am doing other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.