PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just purchased an amazing Nording billiard from the Danish Store in Denmark, and I'm wondering how long it will take to get from Denmark to Michigan, USA, since I've never made an overseas purchase. It's a really remarkable pipe, given the Nording style. How long does such a delivery take? A week, a month? Anyone have any experience in overseas orders?
Addendum: The Danish Pipe Store wrote me to say delivery typically takes one-two weeks, depending on the carrier.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Before you purchase a pipe from Europe, double check that it does not contain a filter, as filtered pipes are much more prevalent in Northern Europe. Just a little unsolicited FYI.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the heads up on filters. Too late to do anything now, as they've already sent the pipe. Can a filtered pipe be smoked without the filter?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
spa - yes, I puff my filterless pipes all the time. I wonder if the opening meant for the filter provides a kind of second chamber like the now-trendy double calabashes.
hp

les

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I suspect the pipe is filterless. The spec said nothing about a filter, so I think I'm safe. I am so charged about this pipe, I can hardly wait. It's part of a new line of "Numbers" pipes by Nording. I'll be sure to post it when it comes. I'll bet I'm the only person in Michigan who will have such a pipe.

sebert81

Lurker
Feb 4, 2013
Unless you are buying from Germany or Austria you usually don't have to worry about buying a filtered pipe.
Danish pipe smokers usually don't use a filter.

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
to Kuwait took about 7 days, and it used to be much faster than that until recently. They used to use a faster kind of shipping but now it's all economy. Their postal service ships overseas via Fedex or DHL after passing through their Danish overseas post office, so you will get a tracking number soon! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.