PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonh

Lurker
Mar 10, 2010
Twin Cities
One thing I think helps tremendously is to know what your baseline is for strength. If you feel that 1792 is a bit light, then your leaning is obviously toward the strong, etc. Thanks for your honesty!
Shannon

Reactions: Pipelady20

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Bob,

I have to second Iggy's sentiments.

Keep up the good work.

Not that sampling new pipe tobaccos when ever possible is really work.

However; "The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I have a hard time with reviews. Tobacco is much like wine for me. I know what I like, but have a hard time explaining the intricacies. I love reading reviews of a blend I am smoking, because some guys are really great writers.

Reactions: OldManFrog

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
Your reviews are excellent, but must agree with "dunendain" above. I have always had a hard time with wine reviews and tobacco reviews. Maybe my tastes are pedistrian, but I know what I like. The reviews "Trial by Fire" in PIPES AND TOBACCO MAG drive me crazy. I reckon I'm just an uncouth Texan and "yam what I yam".

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm trying to educate myself before I give a review, and I'm glad someone has put something like this together.
However, the above link goes to a blank pipesmagazine.com page (for me)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My reviews just never come out right . And latika does not taste like a steak or campfire .But Virgina does smell like fresh threshed golden wheat in the sun .

xxxbaileyxxx

Lurker
Mar 9, 2012
Could someone let me know please of a mild brand for me as I really dont want to waste money on tobacco that I am not going to like. xx

sunshine sah

Lurker
Aug 18, 2022
Tobacco Reviews is the place on the internet to learn about and share your impressions of the panoply of pipe tobaccos in the world today.
From long-gone legends of pipe smoking to the newest cutting-edge blends, from the most obscure gems from boutique blenders to the most widely smoked tobaccos today, they are all here.
Thousands of your fellow smokers have written tens of thousands of reviews of all of these tobaccos, sharing their wisdom, wit and honest opinions. You are cordially invited to join the discussion and add your thoughts and reflections to their ever-increasing stock of collective knowledge on pipe tobacco.
Pipe smoking is a gentle hobby, and they strive to treat each other, and their differing opinions of pipe tobaccos with the respect and restraint due to the ladies and gentlemen that they are, or hope to be. Please help them to maintain this atmosphere by refraining from disparaging the tastes, writing styles or opinions of your fellow users. It is generally best to confine your reviews only to the tobacco in question and not to respond to what others have written previously. While lively arguments about the merits of certain pipe tobaccos can be entertaining to all, this is not the place for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.