PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
I often read about expensive and cheap pipes on the forum. In my book, I treat mine as equals.Be it a$500 Dunhill, Corn Cob, $2 basket pipe or what ever. As long as it smokes well they all get cleaned, polished and pampered equally. How bout y'all ?

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I treat my cheaper pipes like the crap they are. My fancy girls get the pampering they expect. This is the only way to hold on to a fancy girl, after all.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I do not believe in equality in any form. I treat each pipe as an individual. They are not coddled, but they are war-comrades... and they know the taste of the pipe cleaner well.

bromano

Lurker
Mar 3, 2017
Pipes are all expensive here where I live so you learn to treat anything you got - even if just a corncob mini - very very Well.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Mine all get treated the same. They are kept clean, never get knocked on anything other than the palm of my hand, and vulcanite stems are kept free of oxidation.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The only pampering my pipes get is a pipe cleaner every couple smokes, and a cake reaming after about 3 nickles worth. :oops: But I love each and every one of my pipes in a different way.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Interiors: The same. Hot water flush, gentle dry and ream with paper towel, pipe cleaners in airway, occasionally a Q-tip to clean the mortise. Outside, depends on quality. My beaters don't get the wax and polish that the best ones do.

baaron

Lurker
Aug 26, 2016
Pipe cleaner and paper towel to wipe out the bowl after each smoke, then a good cleaning whenever I think the pipe needs it. I don't have any expensive pipes so none of them gets special treatment.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I have some very high end and collectible pipes that I treat very well and baby. My middle tier is where a lot of my pipes fall, after smoking they usually go back in their sock, then I have my daily shop pipes, that are just treated like hell, almost never go into a sock, sit on the workbenches, sometimes get smoked too fast, and don't get a routine wipe down, but they tend to be my favorite pipes since I use them the most.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Before lighting, I run a saliva wet finger around the rim to slow down rim darkening. After, I run a pipe cleaner through the stem and shank, then either fold it in half to clean the bowl or use a napkin. Then I buff it with a polishing cloth. I do this after every smoke, even on my cheapest pipes.
Tim

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I consider my pipes as investments and they are all cleaned after each smoke and allowed to rest a reasonable amount of time. I can't see throwing away money.

Status
Not open for further replies.