PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Being the newbie I am and going on a TAD I purchased some of this. Much to my surprise I open it and there are 2 one ounce bricks. How do most of you smoke this? Do your fully rub it out or prepare it some other way? In general what is the best way with this baccy to get the best possible smoke out of it? TIA

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great question, Mass, and to be honest I'm still playing around with the best way to smoke Gaslight. I've been slicing and cubing some bowls - ala Harris - and I've also been slicing and rubbing.
Thank you for posting Bob's excellent video, Phil.
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is the way I prep it. I use a coffee filter, than fold it up with any leftover to use on the next smoke (and fit it into the mason jar with the rest of the plug)

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Gaslight plugs are not as dense as others made by GLPease. Using a knife is best, but in a pinch you could just tear off small bits with your fingers.
Either way it is delicious.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Depends. If I'm smoking the tobacco, wood chips, alder or apple properly soaked, impart a nice flavor, just be careful where you place the tobacco on the grill.
Once the tobacco has been properly smoked, if I decide to smoke it, I'll use a pipe. I tried using an old shoe with the toe section cut out, but the burning rubber scent really interfered with the taste of the tobacco.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I have a folding knife with a tanto point that works good for shaving some 1/16" thick slices off the block. I gently break up the bigger pieces and as was mentioned pack them loosely to keep the draw open. Great question mass.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Like this:
bha1-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.