PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I know this sounds mundane; but I think it would be interesting to find out what we pipe smokers use to keep our "accoutrements" handy. I'm not talking about pipe racks or tobacco containers.
I have 4 items that I use to stay organized and keep every thing handy.

I use a Tabasco pepper sauce table container to hold my pipe cleaners and Q-tips.

It sits in a "spade" shaped candy dish that holds matches and lighters, it also holds my Cob warden beautifully.

Lastly I have a very old Baccarat cigar box for my good/dress lighters and odds and ends.

I also have a piano shaped pen holder that I use to hold my tampers.
DSC00413.jpg

And, yes there are 6 pipes in this photograph.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I'm not so particular about what holds my Accoutrement. Usually a old coffee mug holds pipe cleaners, a pocket knife, reamer, and two home made tampers. That's it for me. Simple stuff for a simple man.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
organized, every thing in its place, some here, some there, some over there, some.....

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Lawrence, I like your set up. Mine is semi organized also.
Unclearthur, "Organized" is a word that wives use more than anyone else. Kinda like the phrase "Put the seat down"!!! :crying:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Well Buck ya see that explains it! I've been divorced and happily leaving the seat up for over a dozen years!

crazeybobby

Lurker
Jan 1, 2011
yep. I'm married......so I have to be organized or she will organize it for me and I will never find it again. :twisted:

letsgodowntherabbithole

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2011
I have a pipe rack with a humidor in the middle. Inside the humidor I'm letting a toby age. I keep all my pipes in that rack, If I begin to aquire more pipes then my rack will hold, I try to pass along some of them to others by trading them or selling them. I only use my pipe zippo to light my pipe so that sits on top of the rack as well as the one pipe tool I have. I use a wooden box I got at a garage sale for a buck to hold my toby, I have cricket water in an empty toby tin to keep the inside of the box humid.
I try to keep everything uber organized and I look forward to going through my toby collection and pipes at the end of every day :D

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
speaking of un-organized I have most of paraphernalia is stored in a draw of my desk, and sometimes I put in a tobacco to-go bag that can hold some 2 oz's of tobacco and two pipes!

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Well, my pipe cleaners (at least, one package of them) are currently sitting on my keyboard. Another package (that I JUST noticed) is off to the left a ways, on top of a cup. SOMEWHERE within fifteen feet of me is my pipe tool...and somewhere in my truck, another, along with a lighter. And that's just the way I like it...if everything is spread everywhere, there is always some way for me to light up, clean up, or just look at my pipes!

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Just setting about organizing my stuff now, I have about 6 pipes in storgage 3000 miles away, and about 8 here with me on the boat. Right now all my pipe paraphenalia is in a dedicated drawer in my desk. I am getting ready to head off on my leave and I need to find a way to pack and secure everything... It is a bit challenging, up till now I have been using 2 cardboard shipping boxes to hold it all, but I need to get a protective portable kit together, I'll post when I come up with something!

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Oh no, no no, I could never make do with only the pipes that would fit in my round humidor holder. Chuckles. Last count I had 77 pipes. I can think of at least 2 dozen more I'm in need of. I like long rotation periods. Ha.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
WOW Richard!! I've seen shops with less pipes than you got there!
My girlfriend likes to use the phrase 'i've tidied up a bit' but as i say 'Tidy' means being able to find something easily and as i can never find something after you've tidied up, that means you must have made it messy.....
Never seems to go down too well :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.