Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I was cooking a steak this evening about 10 minutes ago, and whenever people see me cook one I tend to get looks that ask if I'm crazy. Because generally when I eat a steak and it's not considered animal abuse, then it's too well done for me, meaning I like my steak almost walking off my plate. Which made me wonder just how strange I am, so how do you fellas like your steaks?

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Medium rare. Eating shoe leather (well done) doesn't cut it for me.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
It's nice to hear I'm not insane, I eat it to where it's almost completely raw, some brown on the outside but raw inside. I cooked mine on low heat just long enough to chop some garlic, throw a few spices together and mix it with a touch a huckleberry bbq sauce. maybe 5 mins tops

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Eating stake is a barbaric pratice that shortens a person's life by at least 50%, it has been proven by medical science, and ... Just kidding, I love mine medium rare! Rare ones scare the hell outa me, like when the meat is a dark purple on the inside (the way my dad likes it).

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Eating stake is a barbaric pratice that shortens a person's life by at least 50%, it has been proven by medical science, and ...
Lol you really had me goin there for a sec, I was bracing my self for some BS. :clap: :rofl:

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
My standard answers to how I like my steak done ranking from more classy establishments to back yard barbeques :D
Four star: Cut the horns off jam em up it's arse and gimme a knife, I'll cut off what I want and ride the rest home
Three star: Bring it into the kitchen, show it the stove to get it a little panicky, then bring it out.
Waffle House/Denny's: 10 and 2 (I used to work at the nearest Denny's and waffle house to me. The cooks and waitresses still know me well enough to know this means 10 seconds on one side and 2 on the other)
Backyard BBQ: It's not steak if it's not mooooving

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I knew it would get someone riled up Murdoc, didn't realize the payback would be so immediate!

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
My standard answers to how I like my steak done ranking from more classy establishments to back yard barbeques [:D]
Four star: Cut the horns off jam em up it's arse and gimme a knife, I'll cut off what I want and ride the rest home
Three star: Bring it into the kitchen, show it the stove to get it a little panicky, then bring it out.
Waffle House/Denny's: 10 and 2 (I used to work at the nearest Denny's and waffle house to me. The cooks and waitresses still know me well enough to know this means 10 seconds on one side and 2 on the other)
Backyard BBQ: It's not steak if it's not mooooving
My new favorite answers to how you want steak cooked. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aug 1, 2012
On the rare side of medium-rare for me. The only seasonings for me are salt, pepper, usually garlic, and sometimes a pinch of basil.

Status
Not open for further replies.