How Do You Guys Carry Your Pipe Bags/Cases?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylemaxwell

Lurker
Aug 14, 2013
So with all the neat options available for carrying your pipes and tools while on the go, how do you carry those around? I just bought a leather Sav two pipe pouch, and its still too bulky to carry on your person. So aside from throwing a pipe in your pocket, or in your mouth, what do you guys do?
- Kyle

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I use cases, like a Savenelli leather case for a churchwarden, or a nylon dop kit I use for pipes, only when

I travel or occasionally for shorter car trips. Otherwise, I mostly just put the pipe in my jacket pocket with

a baggie of tobacco, a pipe cleaner or two, and a pipe nail. MM cobs and a pocket pipe or two seem handiest

for carrying in pockets. 'Haven't broken a pipe so far.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Mine is usually in my mouth when I'm out and about. I keep a zippo in my pocket and a pipe nail in my fifth pocket.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey there.
Here's a link to a thread on the very same topic that's been going for a loooooong time: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/what-do-you-carry-your-pipes-in
-- Pat

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I use a bag that's intended on glassware shall I say... Lol. It does the trick! It's padded, I can fit three pipes, pipe cleaners, my zippo, and my tamp!

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
Pipe, tobacco and pipe cleaners in the inside pocket of my leather jacket, lighter and tamper in my right jacket pocket.

Great for when I step out into the cold for a smoke. Not sure what I'm going to do when summer hits...

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
I just bought a little case for my new pipe so I can easily carry it, my tobacco, lighter, and tamper around while on campus. Lordape you live in the southern hemisphere don't you?

~Ron

peanubutter

Lurker
Jan 5, 2013
Being new to pipes I used an old leather money pouch with a zipper on the top. It looks like a school pencil case. It is capable of holding two pipes, matches, lighters, several bags of tobacco, pipe tools, filters, and pipe cleaners. I found it held everything but at the same time I had to dig through all of the items to get to the bottom for a lighter or matches. I did not want the pipes to get scratched up either. I just received a two pipe holder case which can hold one packet of tobacco and a tamper. Nice for day trips. For weekends I take both carrying items mostly for a variety of tobaccos. And since I enjoy cigars as well; I load up a backpack with everything on cooking nights since I don't know what the mood will be after work.

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
Lordape you live in the southern hemisphere don't you?

Yup. Not freezing but still cold enough to be annoying. Pretty wet recently too. Makes things kind of difficult as there's a firm no indoor smoking rule.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm cheap--I still use a Ziplock bag until I see the right case at the right price. I just don't travel that much to justify anything else.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I bring my pouch along with me whenever I'm out and about. I have the two pipe pouch from Mac Baren ($35 on 4noggins) and I just usually stuff it in my back left pocket or leave it in the car if I don't need it with me right away. It works fine for me. When at work it fits perfectly snug into the console on my lift truck. Anytime I'm more than 10' away from my truck it goes into my pocket so it doesn't go missing. I like it for what I need it for. I was looking at the 4 pipe bag for travel but if that's the case I just bring a couple extra pipes along in the suitcase wrapped up in a pair of socks.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Since I don't yet have a carrying pouch, I usually carry a pipe, tobacco pouch, lighter/matches, and a tamper/Czech tool in either a jacket pocket (if it's chilly out) or in a pants pocket (usually cargo pockets on the weekends...).
If I'm just smoking out on the back porch, I just carry everything down and put it on a table. :D

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
To carry on my person, I can only fit a one-pipe pouch in my pocket. I have a big, six-pipe Smokin Holsters bag for vacation travel, club meetings, etc.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have a Castleford single pipe pouch. I think it is called a combo pouch? It has a spot for tobacco, a spot for the pipe and a zippered pocket for a lighter/ cleaners/ and pipe tool.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
When im out I just pre pack the pipe at home then put it in my inside jacket pocket, the matches and tamper are in the outside one.

Status
Not open for further replies.