PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I smoke one bowl a day and use filters I'm just curious how this will effect my teeth over time so is there a way to keep them white and continue to smoke and also is there certain tobaccos with aot less tar?
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Teeth yellow with age and use. Your dentist will happily make you a custom whitening try for use with professional whitening products that you can purchase from the dentist ($$$) or on a website like Amazon (same product for much less) that will keep them nice and white with regular treatments every 6 months to a year. You'll also want a fluoride containing rinse to use afterwards. I think for best whitening you need to not smoke or drink coffee or wine during the week of the treatment and then for about a week after that because it opens up your teeth a little.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Thanks will have to buy some when they get yellow, want to look professional and keep my image up but I will probably wait until winter don't smoke for 3 months besides the mcllelands Christmas blend

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
My suggestion would be to avoid the fluroide, a known toxin, and use a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and some baking soda. (Don't swallow the hydrogen peroxide.)
There are also flouride-free toothpastes that are quite good. Check out Tom's of Maine - one purveyor of such products.
drugtore.com is another source of whitening kits if you'd like to use those.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I don't. But then again I don't smile that much. And when I do my moustache covers the top teeth. They may not be white but I haven't needed teeth work in over twenty years. My dentist can't figure it out, knowing that I'm a pipe smoker. But I bow down to the floss Gods twice daily, and genuflect with my Oral B. My buccal cavity is a Latakia dance hall, but the floor boards are squeaky clean.

Reactions: Danny Boy

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I drink coffee and tea all day and smoke a pipe most of the day so if I did not whiten my teeth would be very stained. I have whitening trays and use Nite White 22% solution to keep them nice. I tend to use the trays a lot more when I am dating as the ladies don't dig yellow teeth. I also go to the dentist 4 times a year for cleanings.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My suggestion would be to avoid the fluroide, a known toxin, and use a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and some baking soda. (Don't swallow the hydrogen peroxide.)
There are also flouride-free toothpastes that are quite good. Check out Tom's of Maine - one purveyor of such products.
+1

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
SInce we're talking about oral hygiene, I would also recommend using a saline solution to keep your gums healthy. It works great to reduce gingivitis.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Much better to not even try, most people really don't care if you have white teeth or not as long as they are not totally dark and skummy lookng. If you really care a lot, you could always pay like $500 for a professional whitening like every five years.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
soak them in Oxyclean overnight.

Kidding, regular cleaning at dentist, they are what they are, caps crowns & all.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I haven't been to the dentist in a good 8 years now, I smoke about 2 bowls a day and drink at least half a pot of coffee. Just brush your teeth and unless you want pearly whites that will blind people and look weird, you should be just fine.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
First mouth wash, then brush thoroughly, then rinse. With quality stuff.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Another thought. You could "think out of the box," have them all pulled, and get a set of falsies that you could take out when you wanted a pipeful. Just don't forget to tell the ladies that you're big on oral hygiene when you do that at parties.
They'll love it! :rofl: Then you could ask them to hold the glass with your teeth while you get another drink...

ilsam

Lurker
Jul 28, 2015
whatever you smoke and it harms on your teeth , there must be a remedy to avoid this and make your teeth white as soon as possible that i expect so . you can take help from http://15homeremedies.com/510/bella-labs/ that provides with best tips and tricks to white your teeth . i think this is helpful for you . thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.