How Did You Spend Your Long Weekend?

(12 posts)
  • Started 3 months ago by mau1
  • Latest reply from alaskanpiper
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mau1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My weekend was spent on the annual ritual of opening up the cottage - putting in the water line and pump, airing things out, and raking up the million or so leaves carpeting the lot. The black flies were brutal. I swear there were a couple of times the little buggers tried to lift me up and carry me off into the bush. I have great sympathy for the poor moose which are driven crazy at this time of season. When the swarm got too thick, I headed to the deck for a well deserved break. I had quite a few breaks. And the leaves, well...there' always next weekend.

“I've been treating you with courtesy and respect because that's the way I choose to treat everyone. But never, ever mistake kindness with weakness.”
    ― Louise Penny, Still Life
    Posted 3 months ago #
  2. seanv

seanv

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That looks like a Brigham.....
    We moved all weekend. Our house renovation starts today.

Posted 3 months ago #
  3. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wait, what long weekend? Did I miss something?

Michael
    Posted 3 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mau1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ah, that's right. Your Memorial Day is this coming weekend. We celebrated Victoria Day this past weekend. For some reason I thought both holidays were lined up this year. I may just have to have another long weekend, come to think of it.

And yes, that's a Brigham Sportsman. I'm partial to Brighams.

Posted 3 months ago #
  5. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I started getting our pool ready last month. But, we've only had a few weeks where the water was warm enough to enjoy it.
    Glad you had a good one.
    I had even forgotten about Memorial Day. I don't have someone telling me when to work and when to go home, so I'll probably just work right through it. Things don't just get theirself done.

Posted 3 months ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You deserved that 'baccy and beer.

Posted 3 months ago #
  7. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My upcoming long weekend will take place at work getting my butt handed to me as I try to keep up with the demand for meat for everyone who will be enjoying their long weekend firing up their grills. If I can just get home at a decent enough time to enjoy a cold one and a pipe afterward each day, I'll be content.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 3 months ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mau1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I certainly did deserve the baccy and beer! thanks mso

Anyone notice the cool tamper?

And my partner, who's not a fan of tobacco, told me to get puffing and keep those black flies away! Seems I owe those little guys a bit of thanks.

Said partner is a vegan so I seldom see meat, Anthony. I myself am a "flegan" (pronounced flea-gan, a flexible vegan, I think I should copy-rite that term); I do enjoy a good steak about once a year.

Posted 3 months ago #
  9. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No plans for the coming long weekend. A deliberate move on my part.

Well ... there's a certain spot where I might do a small patch of planting ...

Posted 3 months ago #
  10. renal923

renal923

Login to Send PM

Mine is this coming monday. With the kid at her moms for the week starting this friday, I plan on sitting around doing nothing, smoking my pipe, and maybe, if the weather gets warm enough (75 in Arizona in May is ridiculously cold!) go for a swim or 8.

Posted 3 months ago #
  11. elektronikfreak

elektronikfreak

Login to Send PM

Mostly in my own garden or at my own beach.

Information is not knowledge... Knowledge is not wisdom... Wisdom is not truth... Truth is not beauty... Beauty is not love... Love is not music... Music is the best! *** Frank Zappa 1940 - 1993 ***
    Posted 2 months ago #
  12. alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Login to Send PM

Putting the airplane in the water and doing assloads of yard work. My riding mower took a dump so I had to break out the push mower and sweat it out. 2 acres is a bitch. Got a bowl of solani abf in though, so can't complain.

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." ---Hank

"Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man..." --- The Dude
    Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   alexnc, creole, weezell, pianopuffer, haparnold, redglow, voorhees, peregrinus, timelord, corncobguy, craig61a, ben88, leafsmoker, deleon, elbert, danimalia