PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
In the last two months I've bought 238oz. I might have 32oz more from the last year but not sure. Some of you fellers must have way more than I.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
The biggest reason for my "build up" is there is no B&M in my town so I rely on the internet for my tobacco pleasure. Also WA is going to have out of state tobacco vendors apply taxes for internet sales. That would about double what I pay now as WA is one of the most punitive tobacco tax wise.

Aug 14, 2012
Since I would rather not incur the bad Karma of paying more taxes than necessary (like Mittens Romney), I have been putting away a lot of tobacco. Also, aging improves the product. I do not have an exact inventory, because the tobacco is stashed all over the place wherever there is room. There is about 20 lbs of bulk, and maybe 300-400 cans. Regarding taxes, NY State, where I live, charges almost 100% on tobacco, I believe, because it costs twice as much in a b&m as on the internet. Other states are considering or putting in place punishing tobacco taxes, and planning sales tax on the internet. I don't want to be forced to smoke cheap tobacco because a few years from now I can't afford the good stuff. So I have been converting other unnecessary possessions into pipes and tobacco while they can be acquired tax free.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am around 100 lbs with a goal of 250. Like foggy, I am planning on a tobacco apocalypse when the tax man and FDA get done with us. I see a future where 30 dollars is the minimum for a tin and many blends will go out of business because of loss of sales and possible FDA involvement. I am continuing to buy up all my favorites as quickly as possible.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Harris, I am right there with you. I don't know if I will have as much as you but I'll sure try. I also believe as you of even more intrusion and taxation.

Status
Not open for further replies.