PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Since the beginning of time man has been bragging about the size of his.....tobacco pipe (what did you think I was going to say??). I was wondering what is the largest pipe you own/have owned and also what's the largest pipe you have ever smoked. This can be longest, thickest, or a combination of the both.
I guess I will start, the largest pipe I have ever smoked is my Savinelli 677KS. It's a monster compared to my Bent Bob but is a medium sized pipe in the grand scheme of things. I currently own a no name that is pretty big but I am selling it and have not smoked it so I won't count that.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
It would be my meer (how pristine white it is in this picture). Here it is compared to a normal sized Peterson 303:
4154243977_81f74d94ee.jpg

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thats a good looking meer, very very white haha. How do you like the University Flake by Peterson? I was looking at trying some.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My favorite Peterson flake, closely followed by Irish flake. Very tasty. :)

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I will have to pick up some of both next time I can travel to the B&M. Thanks!

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Mine run the gamut from a grp 2 sized Peterson 221 to ODA+ sized Celius freehands. Most are grp 5 sized pipe though.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have a large Cellini freehand and a large Nording freehand. I thought they were really cool when I bought them, but now I hardly ever smoked them. They are too big to clench for long, if at all and just too clunky for me.
Here I am with Erik Nording, holding the pipe.
ipcpr-2009-138.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have to gourd calabash pipes, but I think we are talking about briar and regular shaped meerschaums here so here they are.
Johs Big A$$ed Bulldog:
DSCF4022.jpg

Ben Wade Calabash:
My2nd-1.jpg

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
Mine is the Barling TVF 5109.
I remember years ago a pipe smoker friend I know used to carry two pipes with him. One was a noseburner and the other was a massive pipe he called his 'bumming' pipe. If he ran out of baccy (a fairly frequent occurrence), he used to ask people for a pinch, with his empty noseburner clenched firmly between his teeth. When said 'pinch' was proffered, out came the 'bumming' pipe and he started to fill with great gusto, before the hapless guy realised what was going on. I swear that pipe used to be able to take 2oz's in one go.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Very nice looking pipes guys! I wish to own a big pipe someday soon. I don't want to have a whole lot of pipes so I was thinking of one of every size....that should only be like a couple hundred right? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.