PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Okay I was searching fleabay and seen these they're pretty much the only thing you see when you search tobacco pipes. Anyway they got me wondering, I know how everyone feels about these china pipes/cigarette-cigar holders but has anyone honestly tried smoking one and if you have, how was it? http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=330829535094

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
No! My dad got me a chinese pipe once, the inside of the bowl was actually metal with 3 small holes in it! And there was some kind of oily grease inside the bowl as well.....

Honestly, get a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe. It's about the same price and you can get it from the USA, and trust me you won't be disappointed with how well they smoke. I recommend the Country Gentleman, my fav so far.
Happy smokes and good luck

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I appreciate the words of warning but I had absolutely no intention of buying one I just wanted to know if they're as bad as I imagined, and they are. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What does "wooden" mean? It's a tipoff that the seller doesn't know what it is made of, and

that is not a good start. There is a world of good, less expensive briar pipes out there. This

probably isn't one of them.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I have one. Whatever it's made of it's very heavy, dense "wood" and heavily lacquered. I found it smokes hot and wet so I gave it to my adult son who smokes it occasionally. It's not much of an investment so you can order one and see for yourself. I'm much happier spending my six bucks on a 50 year old estate Dr Grabow with aged briar.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Yeah tuold I have to agree with you I love Dr. Grabows especially vintage ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.