Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:   

House of Cards, and the Most Famous Actor on this Forum

(15 posts)
  1. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

House of Cards is now available for viewing on Netflix.

If you try reeeeallllllyy hard you'll be able to see me, mostly my back, in a D.C. Police Officer's uniform during multiple scenes of episode 6. Yeah, the Most Famous Actor in this Forum was a joke.

My Hollywood career is thus far a bust, but I got paid pretty well for it and had a LOT of fun. It was a really awesome experience to see first-hand how a show is made, and I met a lot of awesome people on the crew, and I got to meet Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, my future wife Kate Mara, Corey Stoll, Michael Kelly, and the super tiny and beautiful redhead Kristen Connolly, my second future wife.

And the show is, so far, getting a lot of good reviews.

I'm so awesome, I make myself jealous of myself.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I watched the first episode last night.

It was pretty enjoyable, I look forward to seeing how it develops.

I will keep an eye out for you!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Rondyr:

I'd pay cold hard cash to listen to Spacey read out of a telephone directory and if he threw in one of his Christoper Walken impressions that would just be extra gravy on the biscuit.

We have House of Cards on the DVR. I will look for you. friend.

In the meantime, you ride this dream of yours as hard as you can until the horse completely plays out and d-i-e-s. If you get lucky and catch a break some day, then stick a burner in your pie hole before kissing the girl and we'll all take that as a tip of the hat here on the forums. Otherwise, you're doing stuff now that you'll be eating out on for the next 20 years. And how cool is that?

Fnord

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Wow, that is very cool. I just saved it in our Netflix. One of the actresses was interviewed by Ron & Fez last week and I caught the tale end. I'll watch the first episode in the next few days.

Tell us how you got this gig. Are you an actor? One of my restaurant customers from Frederick is a retired Parks Police Officer. He tried to get into acting a few years ago (big guy, from Brooklyn). He made a few Sopranos and "The Wire" episodes, which always gives me a kick when he turns up.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wife and I have been really enjoying this we are on episode #7 , I believe that this is really how Washington works and Spacy is a master of his craft. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

That's very cool Rondy! Coincidentally, just a few minutes ago I was watching Bloomberg Business and they were talking about Netflix, and mentioned House of Cards.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. docwatson

docwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Rondyr I will be covering your back!! or should I say looking for it!!! LOL
    Awesome that you got to meet Spacey, he is my number one actor of all time. His performance in The Usual Suspects is incredible and unforgettable. I also have put this on the netflix queue just last week. I look forward to watching.

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling---Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was just thinking this looked pretty good the other day. Gonna have to queue it up and look for ya. Would be easy to spot if they would let you smoke your pipe

Kent

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats - that is very cool.

"Be seeing you" —Number Six, The Prisoner

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. terry

terry

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That is COOL!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

House of Cards episode 6: I'm being pushed in the wheelchair at 13:11, behind Robin Wright. Just look for the bald guy in the black shirt. I'm out of focus though, sadly.

A great shot of me and MY BACK at 16:20 :rofl:.

More of my BACK at the right of screen on Episode 5 at 14:40. There's a few glimpses of me here and there as a D.C. cop.

Nah, I'm not an actor; I e-mailed Central Casting with pics and all back when the show was casting and I got called to work a few times. I've had to turn them down a couple of times, including a Super Bowl commercial. Real life sucks! Lol. But it paid well, I got to meet some awesome famous people, and I had a lot of fun. I should be getting called back soon for background work if they continue filming in the area. AND I will never give up on my two future wives!

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"The Industry" is the hardest thing in the world. The reason I chose it was for the challenge. When my corporate career ended, I needed brain food. Never give up

Craig

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

That is great and interesting to hear how it unfolds. I assumed it was all shot in the DC area?

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

rondy, I saw you and I do have to say, I think you are deserving of an Emmy for best supporting policeman.
    I have watched the first 6 and do enjoy the show. I am a huge Spacey fan so how can I not like it. Robin Wright is still sexy as hell and that little Zoe is a classic spinner.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. tanless1

tanless1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One of my goals is to develop my own studio system and equipment rentals.... away from hollywood.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   peckinpahhombre, shaintiques, cuchulain, northernneil, dmcmtk, ravkesef, lincolnsbark, oregoncobhead, pylorns, beefeater33, sablebrush52, tbradsim1