Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
House of Cards is now available for viewing on Netflix.
If you try reeeeallllllyy hard you'll be able to see me, mostly my back, in a D.C. Police Officer's uniform during multiple scenes of episode 6. Yeah, the Most Famous Actor in this Forum was a joke. :rofl:
My Hollywood career is thus far a bust, but I got paid pretty well for it and had a LOT of fun. It was a really awesome experience to see first-hand how a show is made, and I met a lot of awesome people on the crew, and I got to meet Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, my future wife Kate Mara, Corey Stoll, Michael Kelly, and the super tiny and beautiful redhead Kristen Connolly, my second future wife.
And the show is, so far, getting a lot of good reviews. :clap:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I watched the first episode last night.
It was pretty enjoyable, I look forward to seeing how it develops.
I will keep an eye out for you!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Rondyr:
I'd pay cold hard cash to listen to Spacey read out of a telephone directory and if he threw in one of his Christoper Walken impressions that would just be extra gravy on the biscuit.
We have House of Cards on the DVR. I will look for you. friend.
In the meantime, you ride this dream of yours as hard as you can until the horse completely plays out and d-i-e-s. If you get lucky and catch a break some day, then stick a burner in your pie hole before kissing the girl and we'll all take that as a tip of the hat here on the forums. Otherwise, you're doing stuff now that you'll be eating out on for the next 20 years. And how cool is that?
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that is very cool. I just saved it in our Netflix. One of the actresses was interviewed by Ron & Fez last week and I caught the tale end. I'll watch the first episode in the next few days.
Tell us how you got this gig. Are you an actor? One of my restaurant customers from Frederick is a retired Parks Police Officer. He tried to get into acting a few years ago (big guy, from Brooklyn). He made a few Sopranos and "The Wire" episodes, which always gives me a kick when he turns up.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Wife and I have been really enjoying this we are on episode #7 , I believe that this is really how Washington works and Spacy is a master of his craft. The old cajun

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Rondyr I will be covering your back!! or should I say looking for it!!! LOL

Awesome that you got to meet Spacey, he is my number one actor of all time. His performance in The Usual Suspects is incredible and unforgettable. I also have put this on the netflix queue just last week. I look forward to watching.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was just thinking this looked pretty good the other day. Gonna have to queue it up and look for ya. Would be easy to spot if they would let you smoke your pipe :rofl:

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
House of Cards episode 6: I'm being pushed in the wheelchair at 13:11, behind Robin Wright. Just look for the bald guy in the black shirt. I'm out of focus though, sadly.
A great shot of me and MY BACK at 16:20 :rofl:.
More of my BACK at the right of screen on Episode 5 at 14:40. There's a few glimpses of me here and there as a D.C. cop.
Nah, I'm not an actor; I e-mailed Central Casting with pics and all back when the show was casting and I got called to work a few times. I've had to turn them down a couple of times, including a Super Bowl commercial. Real life sucks! Lol. But it paid well, I got to meet some awesome famous people, and I had a lot of fun. I should be getting called back soon for background work if they continue filming in the area. AND I will never give up on my two future wives!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
"The Industry" is the hardest thing in the world. The reason I chose it was for the challenge. When my corporate career ended, I needed brain food. Never give up
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
rondy, I saw you and I do have to say, I think you are deserving of an Emmy for best supporting policeman.

I have watched the first 6 and do enjoy the show. I am a huge Spacey fan so how can I not like it. Robin Wright is still sexy as hell and that little Zoe is a classic spinner.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
One of my goals is to develop my own studio system and equipment rentals.... away from hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.