PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/02/15/3745532/electric-cigarette-explodes-in.html

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
It knocked out some of his teeth? Just reading that makes my teeth ache. He also lost part of his tongue. It hurts like hell when you bite your tongue, I cant imagine blowing it off. He will never be able to taste food properly again. On the plus side, he will probably get a huge settlement and have his medical expenses covered. Personally, I'd rather have my teeth and all of my tongue, but hey I'm trying to look on the bright side

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Scary... I use one now during the day. Pipe in the morning and evenings. eCig during the day since I rarely have the time for a pipe. (Hence my hunt for small pipes lately).
But yeah, this is scary. Or a good way to my retirement :rofl:

vegasblue

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101560/Smoker-killed-fireball-dropped-Zippo-lighter-car-seat-lighting-pipe.html
Similar but man what rotten luck!

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101560/Smoker-killed-fireball-dropped-Zippo-lighter-car-seat-lighting-pipe.html
Similar but man what rotten luck!
This is why I don't smoke and drive. I used to when I smoked nails, but for me, a pipe is too much to fiddle with when driving. I also try and avoid using my cell phone in the car as well.

jsullivan

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
The morning drive is were I usually smoke. This mornings smoke is gonna be alittle more thought out though.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
I know this thread is years old, but I just happened accross it while searching for something different, and all I can think is FUCK!!! I drive a Hyundai, and recently I only light with a Zippo pipe lighter! Matches don't work well in a car (especially with windows open), and car cigarette/cigar lighters are too big to fit inside most pipes. Any other type of lighter which doesn't burn your thumb burns up the rim, and then it will break down within the year. Got a Colibri pipe job which currently sells at a price to rival Old Boy, and the goddamed switch spring quit on me. Because fire always burns vertically, the attempt which any right-angle-generating or capped lighter makes at redirecting the flame only causes it to leap right back up and scorch the rim of your pipe when your draw expires. Bic will scorch your thumb. The only accurate flame-redirection solution is Zippo Pipe, which relies on your draw while preventing the flame from jumping anywhere off-center. Not a budget breaker either. Too bad nobody at Zippo gives a fuck for innovation with safety-release buttons on at least some of their models, and then it sure would be nice if they would put out their own good butane models so that you never get that nasty taste of naphta when you draw hard.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've got a Nimrod that I can't really get the hang of. It's basically a zippo with an encased wick and I have trouble with consistency and finding the right placement of the lighter to the rim so as not to snuff the flame with my draw. It takes a bit of a draw to pull the flame downwards enough to contact the tobacco.

I'm pretty much always using matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.