PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Yesterday I opened a 4 yr old tin of Wessex Campaign Bridgade, smoked it on the porch. Wife after her nurseing home duties brought me this. Hot Damn a Cajuns prayer!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Dang Brad, that does look like a Cajun's dream meal! I'm a Yankee, but I sure wouldn't mind sitting down with those in front of me! :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Man, I love a lot of things about New Orleans, and many of them I can eat, but I just don't get the Crawfish thing. I always get in a Crawfish vs Blue Crab argument with my NOLA relatives (and Zataran's vs Old Bay as well!)
I do know they enjoy their crawfish, so dive in!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those are the prettiest mud bugs I've ever seen. The ones I've tried were duller in color and (probably) in flavor. These look delicious. Almost everything else I ate in New Orleans was incredibly good. Those folks cook like angels.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Da-aaa-amn! Those look yummy! I'm going to have to make a trip south and get myself invited to a good crawdad boil! :mrgreen:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I've never eaten crawfish Old Cajun. It's one that's eluded me. I love to eat and those look really good. I'm going to have to live vicariously through you, as I have come to do in many ways (except when you're sick). Still stuck on that Campaign Dark Flake I see. Me too, me too. Enjoy yourself!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
WOW!! AWESOME!!! Those are only like 4 or 5 times BIGGER than the ones I used to catch around here!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Brad - That look's like an appetizer size serving!
I was closer to your neck of the woods on Saturday. We took a ride over to Breaux Bridge so the wife could walk around the antique shops. I think I may have seen a couple of your old pipes. Bought a well used Kirsten for cheap

Looks great. When my girls were younger, I would drive down to Slidell in April and load up the back of my truck with crawfish and alligator meat and bring them back for my oldest daughter's birthday party. The kids love them. It's like giving them a toy and food in one. The adults would be the big babies about it. I was a single dad, and some of the mothers would take their kids and forbid them from eating them. But, then the other kids would sneak them some anyways.

One mom complained that their son had started asking for Tabasco sauce at home after one of my parties, ha ha.

Kids usually know better than their parents what tastes good. :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Tobbasco always made the MRIs platable, a famous pipe maker used to swear by Tobbasco, till I clued him to Crystal hot sauce made in St Martinville, Damn I just gave away a Cajuns best secret. The warmer winter have made them come in early and bigger, wife brought a 5 lb snack yesterday, tells me we need to get a Sack down the road. My old Grandfather best friend son has a big pond and I get to have some choice ones. Pap, Breaux Bridge is a quaint little Cajun town, they have the best Dance hall called La Poissure, meaning the Dust, it came from the old days when the dance floor was dirt and whirling around to the lively Cajun music kicked up a lot of dust. :laughat:

Status
Not open for further replies.