PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Ok I am 45 years old and just had my first taste of Hot Apple Cider last night. Pretty Tasty, I had a K Cup of it for our Keurig that had come as a sample a year ago so I finally gave it a shot.

I am wondering if anyone here enjoys this drink during the cold months and if so a good recipe would be appreciated.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I love apple cider. I just tried the k-cup version too and it was good! Wish I had a recipe, may look for some.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Been drinking it instead of tea in the morning. Seems to be a seasonal craving when it gets cold out and the holidays are here. Goes great with all the early day tobaccos. Last few days it's been with a nice bowl of Klondike Gold.
Craig

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I love the stuff. Percolator, organic apple cider(unfiltered), aspen mullings original cidar spice, a few red hots, and several glasses of heaven.

B

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
You can buy pre-packaged mulling spices (at least you can in grocery stores around me) but I live in Apple Country. Otherwise you can find a recipe online or experiment with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove or, like me, whisky (not recommended for the mornings). Just heating it up in a sauce pan without adding anything to it is pretty good to.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I like it too, I useually just get an instant kind like Lipton it's pretty good, it's also good with some Captain Morgan. For a cider flavor Jim Beam has a Hardcore Cider Red Stag that is really good.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Here's my wife's recipe, it's called Hot Apple Pie:
1 envelope of dried apple cider mix combined with very hot water

1 full jigger (about 1.5 oz) of butterscotch schnapps - you can adjust it to taste

Stir well, top with whipped cream
I swear, it tastes just like an apple pie.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
The old couple that runs the local Christmas Tree farm in my parents hometown (and my hometown until I ran off to college) has free home-made hot apple cider to keep you warm while wandering a field full of trees in the inevitably frigid Ohio winter. Not only was it the best apple cider I've ever had, but the memories of cutting down the families own tree with my father holds one of the most special places in my heart.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I usually pour a jug of cider into a good sized pot. Into it I add a couple oranges (thinly slice), a half dozen cloves, and a couple cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a simmer over medium low heat and let it simmer for an ten to thirty minutes. Once it is done simmering you can add the spirits of your choice. Then it is ready to serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.