PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
There was a recent thread about coffee flavored tobaccos and this blend was mentioned. I decided to give it a try. This blend comes from Germany and is made by Vauen. It is a blend of Burley, Black Cav & VA. Upon opening the tin the coffee aroma is so strong I thought I was next to a coffee grinder. It was quite moist in the tin so I let it dry for about 30 minutes. There was little difference between the charring light and the true light, deep coffee flavor. It was full of nice creamy smoke with the strongest coffee flavor I have encountered in a tobacco. Very nice and smooth. I wish I could report that it smoked this way to the bottom of the bowl, but that was not the case. At about the halfway point the flavor just vanished. The nice billowing smoke was still there but the flavor became so weak and bland as to be nonexistant. I have never had a blend change so dramatically during a bowl. I really liked the first half and if it had remained that way through the entire bowl, I would really recommend this. As it is, I can say that this is still worth checking out if you like coffee flavored tobacco as your results may be different than mine.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I've always wondered how flavorings just "vanish" on the 2nd half of the bowl...I've tried blends (Not this perticular one) that was great the first half and bad the 2nd...what you can do is only smoke half a bowl???

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
This is a blend that's on my radar & I suspect I'll get around to trying some once I finish some of the blends I already have open.

In my experience, most aromatics don't have the same strong flavor as you smoke the bowl down to the bottom. The best aromatics I've had will instead have a great flavor from the underlying base tobaccos towards the bottom of the bowl. If the last half of the bowl of Espressotabak isn't satisfying, do a parfait loading a great straight Virginia on the bottom half of the bowl and put the Espressotabak on top.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.