Hood Canal by Seattle Pipe Club

(12 posts)
  • Started 5 months ago by Kevin
  • Latest reply from metalheadycigarguy
  1. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Kyle did a great review and photos of The Seattle Pipe Club's new Hood Canal blend. It sounds sooo delicious!
    http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/hood-canal-by-seattle-pipe-club/

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 5 months ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

okiepiper

Login to Send PM

Thank you for sharing that sir. I just got 3 tins in yesterday and I will be cracking one open within the next few days. I am definitely looking forward to it.

"I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food." Ron Swanson
    Posted 5 months ago #
  3. civilwar

civilwar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 5 months ago #
  4. lucky695

lucky695

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

sounds good, but I think that guy could make dog turd kake sound appealing. good writing skills.

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis
    Posted 5 months ago #
  5. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's good tobacco. Benefits from being open for a few weeks.

Posted 5 months ago #
  6. mityahicks

mityahicks

Login to Send PM

I have a tin, but need to cull my stash before I pop another.

Posted 5 months ago #
  7. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

With my latest pipe purchase the seller surprised me with a sample of this. I've not tried it yet, but plan to tomorrow if not tonight.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 5 months ago #
  8. theosprey247

theosprey247

Login to Send PM

I’ll have to pick up a tin or two.

Posted 5 months ago #
  9. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok. So I'm finally getting around to trying this, and I'm just about through my first bowl. I'm using a Savinelli Noce 320 because it is my opinion that Balkan/English blends sing very well in these wide chambered pipes. I'm not going to get too fancy or wax poetic about it. I may do that another time. I'm just going to say this. Of all the Balkan blends I've tried, two have been my favorite... Hearth & Home Black House, and McClelland Balkan Blue... the later of which is of course no longer in production. This has just become a third favorite, and will likely help my stash of Balkan Blue last a lot longer. It is at times smokey, at times spicy, and at times quite sweet, while at times all of the spicy smokey and sweet singing well in perfect harmony together. The latakia, from what I understand being quite heavy in this blend, doesn't drown out the other components, although it does come more to the front in the bottom quarter of the bowl. The nicotine feels a bit stronger, in my opinion, than others have mentioned. I really, REALLY enjoyed this blend.

Posted 5 months ago #
  10. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link, Kevin! Personally, I think Joe Lankford is as fine a blender of terrific tobaccos as anyone. He doesn't make a huge variety, but he's never blended a dud. Kudos to Joe and the Seattle Pipe Club for another delicious blend!

Pipestud
    Posted 5 months ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

foursidedtriangle

Login to Send PM

I got to try it out over the weekend. As usual SPC make the best crumble cakes and they should be really dried well to be enjoyed. It is plum pudding with burley and it tastes the way you would expect. I would rank it slightly above Potlatch, and a slightly below MR and PP. I give this a B+.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Hood Canal is the same blend as the old Pike Place; which was discontinued after it's first run due to copyright issues with the name. From what I can tell the blend went from a course cut to a cake, but the components are the same. I have a couple tins of Pike Place and it's a nice blend. It will be interesting to try the Hood Canal to see if the blend changed at all or if it was just made into a cake.

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   anthonyrosenthal74, redglow, donjgiles, grilledokra, ashdigger, railman, alaskanpiper, sholto, cigrmaster, redone