PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I recently had a very expensive package waiting for UPS stolen off my front porch. My brother owns a very large/successful home automation business and I consulted him. He sent me a "Ring" device, made by a company called Ring. It's a second gen device mounted to the same wires your doorbell uses so no new wiring is necessary. It then connects to your home internet connection. Anytime it senses motion you'll get a video phone alert and when anyone rings your doorbell you'll get the same. It's BRILLIANT!! And there's no monitoring fees or anything. If you've ever had similar thefts, I HIGHLY recommend this device!!!! It's very reasonably priced!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. As I am retired and on my porch most of the time this is my Low Techn Package thief stopper.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I use a PO Box for this reason. UPS delivers to them now as well.
If you are looking for a new home, pick a street with well-armed retired people on it. Or, just retired ladies who frequently call the law.
Or just live next to tbradsim1, and call him when you spot a free kill.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My neighborhood is a family friendly oasis,couldn't be more white bread and likely why it was targeted. The video surveillance and signage should provide enough security to prevent this from happening again.
My front yard...

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I live on the 27th floor. Very small chance of a drive by but an increased chance of building to building sniper fire
So far so good!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Looks like a nifty device considering the price! I’m retired and home most of the time so I haven’t, as of yet, had any such issues albeit I have had a few expensive items stolen from my garage in the past. I live in a very nice neighborhood on the extreme NW side of Chicago, but there is NO such thing as a safe neighborhood no matter where you live. Although I always have a loaded gun in my nightstand a gun is one of the most useless things one can have against such an issue as you encountered. Security deterrents are always the best alternative and owning a gun, more often than not, is simply a ridiculous macho feeling of security with some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.