PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I have read plenty about Lampe Berger and purchased one last year. I'm not crazy about most of the scents that they put out and was wondering if anyone has successfully made their own fragrance mixtures.
I'm aware that these are alcohol based fragrances, but wondering if a standard fragrance oil could be mixed with an alcohol base to accomplish something home made.
Here is what I had in mind:
http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/tobacco-caramel-type-fragrance-oil.aspx

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Go to an essential oils store, my wife buys small bottles of the scent she would like to try, we add 10 to 12 drops to an Alcohol bought at Walgreens, shake and you've got a big bottle of scent for cheap, some of my favs are eucalyptus, New Orleans smell, it's overpowering if you use it too much and. Fig scent. Get the good alcohol and you can make some fine scents .

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Yes, the 91% alcohol is the ticket. If you buy the lower alcohol levels you will really gum things up. You need those little bottles of scent that they sell in Bath stores.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Este Lauder Youth Dew bath oil a little goes a long way and the scent is fresh without being to strong . You can get small tester tubes at the mall for most fragrances I just pour the tube in the diffuser and top with 91% alcohol .

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I put 5-10 drops of essential oil in the diffuser using a funnel, then top up with 91% isopropanol.

I'm partial to tea tree and lemon.

The prices for genuine Lampe Berger fragrances are ridiculously high.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've been making my own lamp fragrances for years. As long as you use 91% isopropyl alcohol and essential oils, not fragrance oils which can clog up your wicks heat stone. I usually buy mine at GNC but there are other places on line you can get the oils. The amount to mix with the alcohol is up to you. Start out low, you can always add more if you want a stronger scent. We like to use clove, cinnamon and orange around the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.