Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Or how about a newbie who bragged about never burning his tongue...

Boy did I crash and burn Ouch!!!!

Yesterday I decided to smoke the last of my Golden Virginia bulk that I purchased from the local B&M

A really great blend.

It was quite dry. I should have stopped, but Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I had to keep going.

Hmmm, why are my lips going numb? What is that tingly sensation on my tongue? Idiot! Stop!
HEP ME, HEP ME, SOMEBODY HEP ME! I AB OD FIRE! my toguge id od fire!

I showed my wife hoping she would be sympathetic.

She called me and I quote, "A stupid Head."

She said Boys are so dumb.

I was offended. I asked "why am I dumb?"
She said, "because only boys will get shitfaced and then put steel buckets on their heads and run around ramming things."

I said, "Really?" No, I would never do that. Did I?"

She pointed to the broken siding on the garage.

I said that wasn't me. That was Frank who did that while trying to open the cooler.

She snorted.

I've only rarely seen my wife snort before.

Dam that hurt...

Chris in Red Deer, AB

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, well, our much beloved partners do see us at our best and otherwise. Then again, most women aren't perfect either, although their foibles may be different. Much drinking make everyone a damned fool, sometimes just by association.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
At first I thought the condom broke. But tongue bite, yeah, that's bad, too!
There are lists of remedies in here. Simplest is sugar, I think.
I don't get tongue bite so much. I do get roof-rot. Some days I'll overindulge and the next, my mouth's inside is rougher than a dried carp.
But you know what? I've never seen a woman wearing a bucket on her head ramming things. She has a good point there!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Lol! I like MacBaren tobaccos, so I know about hot-tongue. It's all good. Just have a glass of Sweet Tea handy and it helps a lot.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
My deepest sympathies!
However, I'm actually quite happy that some of our more experienced members also occasionally get tongue burn and bite. I've gotten to where I'm almost always OK, but I still smoke too much in a day, or too fast or some blend that just won't behave and, once again, I pay the price.
I was beginning to think I was maybe just stupid.
I's still getting better, and I can hopefully experience even less tongue bite but it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
Oh Man, I hope this never happens to me, it sounds like a terrible thing.
From your post I can see you in pain and laughing at the same time.
Did you really expect sympathy from your wife?

I would have got just about the same response from my wife as you did from yours lol
I hope you find a quick relieving remedy.
Mark

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Shik: Patience, my boy. This too shall pass. This is from a veteran pipe smoker and longtime beer/Tennessee sippin' whiskey drinker:
I have experienced classic tongue bite from very bad tobaccos. I steer clear of them today.
I have also had rug rash burns on my tongue from too much of a good night out. Rug burns on your tongue are not fun.
Sip, sip, sip is the key. I know you get in a hurry at times. But, think back to the awful feeling of tongue bite chased with a glass of pure whiskey and you will eventually get the notion of sipping.
Hope this helps.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
lol...

Yeah, I shoulda known better.

Tongue bite chased by whiskey. Sounds like a really good time. I will try that the next time I do the metal bucket thing on my head. lol
:)

Jan 8, 2013
I've had some minor discomfort, but never really had full on tongue bite. I hope I never experience the horrors some of you have :)

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Sorry for your pain, but your wife sounds like a doll! Funnier than heck. Know why you love her.

Rug burn on your tongue, usually means your aim is too low.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks guys! You crack me up!

By the way, the term "Stupid Head" was first applied by my/our grand daughter when she was about 3 years old. She is now 9.

However she used the term directed at her mother, and both being extremely stubborn individuals, my grand daughter was banished to the 'Time Out' area until she apologized.

She eventually apologized not because she was overly sorry, but because the 'time out' area was boring and she wanted to bail, so she apologized. My much better half immediately saw the potential in the phrase and has since adopted it to be directed in my direction when she sees an application.

Our grand daughter also announced one day a few years back that she knew the dreaded 'F' word. You parents and grandparents have surely crossed that bridge yourselves.

Anyway, it cracked my daughter and son-in-law up. Apparently she even had the proper inflection and all.

I had a devil of a time convincing them that it wasn't me who taught it to her!

I'm just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.