PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I can't believe I've made 1000 posts on this amazing site already! I'm a couple of weeks shy of 6 months since I joined, and I had my first pipe on December 29th of 2012. Since then I've come a long way in my technique (far from perfect) and knowledge of this fine hobby. It's been a pretty rough 15 months for me and my family, dealing with lots of tragedy and heartache. But this site has been a haven for me, the kind and patient responses to my many stupid questions, the camaraderie of the members and some real and true friendships have emerged. On those most trying of days, I know that I can find some time when the kids are finally in bed to read the posts, research different tobaccos and pipes and enjoy a bowl to relax.
So thank you all for the fine help and distraction from daily life. I know after being here for 6 months that I will be a pipe smoker for my remaining days and I have you all to thank for helping me along this journey.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad to hear it BR - sorry to hear it has been a tough 15 mos. This forum has been a Godsend for many of us, myself included. Glad to have you here.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
Maybe when I have been around as long as you have, I'll not be a new member anymore. Congrats on finding solace with us old guys.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Congrats on 1K - and glad this place has helped you in rough times.
Only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. :puffy:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Congrats Brian. As a fellow noob I am glad to have met your acquaintance and that of Pruss. I also find this forum not only educational but having a level of camaraderie that you normally don't find in people that (for the most part) have never met in person.
I am about to give 4 of my pipes the Everclear cleaning that they deserve. I will have a bowl of Bagpipers Dream in your honor.
I hope the next 15 mos go better than the last.
Dan

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Brian,
Congrats to you. 'The only dumb question is the one not asked', someone much wiser than me has said.
Thanks to your and other's questions, I didn't have to appear as unknowledgable as I feel I am.
Are we all going up to Vermont to be in Roth's parade?
Allan

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm in for a road trip to Vermont, but I think we'll have to get Harris and Peck to sponsor it as their stashes could handle the run on tobacco that a large gathering is sure to have!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
BR: congrats on your many posts to the forum, and I hope your life gets better each day.
Smoking that pipe with good tobacco always makes things better.
And we will count on you to lead Roth's parade, twirling a pipe, of course.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Brian, congrats on your 1000th post. I know exactly what you mean about this place being a godsend at times, it certainly has been for me as well. Keep the questions coming and it has been a real pleasure seeing you develop.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well done bro. It's been a real treat to get to know you through the forums, and then in person. These forums are a wonderful place for dialogue, idea sharing, jokes and good old fashioned bu@#$%it. All of which are welcome and, sometimes, in short supply. Congrats on 1000. Looking forward to celebrating it in person next week.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.