PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I've been sampling Balkans lately and I have really been enjoying it. I dedicated my Cavicchi Elephant Foot to the blend type and so far, it has smoked them all with aplomb. So far I have had BS, WK, BH and BB. Smoker's Haven Exotique and Butera's Pelican both strike me as Balkan like in their flavor profile but I'm not sure if they are considered Balkans. Balkan Sobranie is good but isn't quite as tasty as some of the others. I like White Knight but personally prefer BlackHouse's favor profile by a slight margin. Balkan Blue (Blue Mountain) is really smooth and has a wonderful aroma and a cooking aftertaste. Reading up on them on tobaccoreviews one reviewer stated he liked the spicy kick of BlackHouse and the smell and finish of Balkan Blue, so he mixed them 50/50. I tried this today as a first pipe back after a sore throat and wow, what a great idea. If you like Balkans, I definitely recommend trying them this way. BlackHouse is terrific on its own and I will continue to smoke it straight from the tin but I will be mixing and keeping a jar of this 50/50 as well.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The old Black & Blue, yes, I've read others trying and liking this also!

Jan 8, 2013
I have both on hand and absolutely love them both for different reasons. Never thought of mixing them though. I think I'll try this tomorrow :)

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I wish you all would just spell out the names so I don't have to go look them up. Guess I'll have to make a list of all the freaking blends and keep it handy, like a cheat sheet of some kind. Thanks and H T T Y A.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Bah, that should read cooling aftertaste.

The old Black & Blue

Perfect moniker. Ae1pt, I haven't tried the Arango BS but with how much I have enjoyed the genre so far I certainly will.

Status
Not open for further replies.