PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Do Christmas, New Years, and other winter holidays increase or decrease your pipe time? Vacation time and other down time might increase it. But buying gifts, preparing food, travel, family visits, and groups where smoking isn't encouraged might discourage it. I think it might modify my pipe activity but not decrease it much or at all. How about you?

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
As an outside smoke the cold weather will sure decrease my pipe moments

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Should be a lot more pipe time. I have to survive the next week of finals, then I can finish sheetrocking the man-cave, mud and tape it, paint it, and smoke at will for-evah!
=)

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
More pipe time, i love smoking mountain camp at these times.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
More dealings with extended family means more need for sanity time. Definitely more need for pipe time.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Less, until I finally break and retreat to the woodshed with my pipes and two tins of Royal Yacht, not to be seen until New Years Day.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Less, Chicago winters kill the joy of smoking outside. Until spring my smoking falls off significantly except for when there are occasional warm (relatively speaking) and windless days. I visit the Iwan Ries lounge much more often when it's cold.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
For me personally, more time. My pipe smoking tapers off heavily in spring and into the summer months, only to pick back up again in the fall; and by winter, I'm smoking 2-3 bowls a day. Tonight, for instance, I was walking downtown (with my family) shooting photographs and enjoying a freehand cob full of C&D's Christmas Blend, and the frigid weather. It was a nice time. ... Of course, it helps that I'm well insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.