PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Do you have a particular blend that you enjoy around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays?

I'd like to expand my holiday pipe celebrations by getting your recommendations. Here are some of mine:
The first two have deertongue, which always reminds me of the holidays:

H&H's Capitol Stairs

4noggins' Mojo, by Matt Robillard
Two Friends' Valle Crucis, by Tarler & Pease

H&H's Grandma's Kitchen
Also, has anyone tried Russ Ouellettes's Pumpkin Cheesecake?

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Try Egg Nog, it's a good holiday blend..I like it anytime..it is a tobacco with a good after taste.

Jul 15, 2011
The two aromatics I have been smoking lately that fit good with the holiday season are MacBarens 7 Seas Royal and Vanilla Custard by Altadis. I like Vanilla Custard so much I ordered 4 ounces of the stuff, and I never buy that much bulk tobacco at one time.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
While I was at Georgetown Pipe and Tobacco I picked up some Christmas Morning and was impressed with it. Cool, spicy and a warm vanilla. You can get it online at GTPAT

sincityjeff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2011
Holiday Spirit is a really good blend. I don't like Aro's too much, Only a very few and Holiday is on my list of likes.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
MacBaren Plumcake usually tops my holiday smoke list. C&D Crooner and some brandy in front of the fireplace works pretty good too.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I know it doesn't sound especially holiday oriented, but I was planning on reliving Christmas Past so to speak, by picking up some Cherry Berry from Fader's here in Baltimore. I got some from my Dad for Christmas in '81, and it was my first non drugstore baccy experience, and I'd like to celebrate the 30th anniversary with it

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Has any one tried this years Christmas blend from Peterson? I've enjoyed all the blends of theirs I have tried, but it seems this one is only available in 100g tins.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
I thought Peterson's Christmas Blend was always in 100g tins. Anyway, yes, I've ordered a tin. It smells great, but I haven't smoked any yet. I would say the tin description very accurately describes the tin note.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I must stand with those who vote for Holiday Spirit by McClelland. I just popped the lid on the tin I purchased earlier this year in anticipation of the upcoming holidays. It smells terrific and is a fine aromatic smoke... :puffy:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hilo!??!?!? Where you been?
I have a tin of Holiday Spirit that I was waiting to try until Black Friday. I think I can hold out for one more week.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.