Strange blends

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by joshwolftree
  • Latest reply from joshwolftree
  1. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

so I've taken to blending some of the tobaccos I have laying around that are running lowish
    among these blends that I'm really loving are...
    Equal parts newminster ultimate english, petersons irish oak, and CAO Eileens Dream
    Equal parts EA Carey classic black(the stuff that came in the rather awesome pipe and 1/4lb deal) and newminster english luxus

anyone else have some strange Aro/english/lat crossover blends?

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is fun to play around with them mate. Right now, I am smoking Hal o The Wind with a few sprinkles of McBarren's 7 Sear Royal mixed in. Pretty good smoke.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Knock yourselves out, fellas. I have no desire to try this at all, especially since I don't smoke aros.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't smoke a lot of aromatics because I can't seem to get through a bowl without it getting goopy, steamy, hot and nasty tasting. I do, however, enjoy adding about 1/4 of a bowl of an aromatic to a nice Virginia. Never thought to try to add an aromatic to a mixture containing latakia, but I may just try it now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been adding leftovers to a jar for about a year. There has to be at least 20 different components at this point. I mean there is everything from 1792 to Gentleman Caller in there. Although the predominate parts are Latakia blends the concoctionhas a slight aro cast to it. In fact, I finally smoked some tonight and it was pretty good.
    I call it Toaster Leavin's as a homage to Al Bundy. I doubt there will be a final product as I intend to continue to add whatever dust is left in tins that I finish. Sure is interesting to build a Frankenblend though.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have tried a few crossovers, like Esoterica's Pembroke, and I have mixed some VBC with Lagonda. Honestly, I like layering aros and Englishes, which I think is like getting the best of both worlds. Often too, I have mixed 1Q or Darkstar with different Vapers, and found it to be a good combo, as I have come to discover I don't care for most Vaper blends.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

I layered 1-Q and CAO Cherry Bomb and it's just like chocolate cake!

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't tried either of those yet Baron... the 1-Q because they were out when I went on my last TAD binge. and the CAO because I'm honestly afraid of anything cherry...just about everything I've found Cherry is kinda a cough syrup Artificial Cherry flavor that I don't like...I keep hearing about the 1Q so it's definately made it's way to my list of tobaccos I must try in order to speak coherently about smoking a pipe on PM forums

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

You may not like Cherry Bomb. It's like getting punched in the face by the Kool-Aid man, but it's my favorite of all the cherry blends I've tried.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll have to pick a tin up and try it I suppose, "try it twice once to see if you like it and again to be sure" on the upswing I know this place I can go to look for a trade

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   fnord, dinck, txbeerboy, jogilli, lucky695, mattsem, briarfriar, darwin