PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Well, not really. Felt like it, though.
I went to a restaurant with my wife last night, right next to my local B&M. Restaurant didn't open for 14 minutes, so I slipped into Pipe World.
From my second pace through the door, I saw the golden pouches gleaming with a fluorescent halo.
I scored an 8 ounce bag of Tilbury for the unscalped price of $44.
They had a bag of Dorchester, too. My greedy inner self briefly contemplated dual acquisition but civility took the day.
I've had Dorchester before but not Tilbury, so I chose accordingly.
It may be a while before I get to it. It should be okay in the original packaging for a month or so?
jay-roger.jpg

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Seals on recent production (last 6 months of purchases) have been very spotty. Of the 4 bags I've had my hands on 2 had poor seals. A bag of Margate had tobacco in the seal and a bag of Penzance was not sealed completely. Give the bag a good squeeze to see if any air comes out. You will be able to smell the goodness from within. If its only a month or two you shouldn't have any problem.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I was curious about the state in which the bag should come.
The Dorchester bag seemed vacuum sealed, collapsed into a hard brick state. This Tilbury bag seems to have some air inside with loose contents, but no leak detected with a squeeze and no aroma escaping.
Normal?
jay-roger.jpg

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Good find. I'm sure are a lot of B&Ms with rare stuff sitting on the shelves for years that we would grab instantly.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I know this bag has not been there for years. I scan the offerings there a few times per month. I think I just finally got lucky enough to arrive on delivery day. I'll need to do Wednesday more often!
jay-roger.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Your treasure is safe in the golden pouch, gleaming with a fluorescent halo. No worries.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
I was curious about the state in which the bag should come.
The Dorchester bag seemed vacuum sealed, collapsed into a hard brick state. This Tilbury bag seems to have some air inside with loose contents, but no leak detected with a squeeze and no aroma escaping.
Normal?
My bags of Esoterica range from the "collapsed hard brick" to "loose contents". All of them are in good condition. When I open my large Esoterica container, no tell-tale tobacco smells float out. However, I am considering bagging the Esoterica bags and tins in Mylar (5 mil) bags for the long term storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.