PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Did a bit of backpacking on Buffalo River Trail in northwest Arkansas. I bit off a little more than I could chew with the hike, so we bailed on day 2 of our 3 day trip. Our host-friend served up the most delicious spaghetti with meatballs tonight, and I followed it up with a bowl of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic in an MM cobbie on the back deck, watching the Arkansas sunset over the mountains. Can't remember ever feeling so satisfied. Good evening from the Ozarks!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I actually don't have one of their hardwoods, but maybe I'll get one here soon. That'd be a great way to remember the trip!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SWRA, good choice! Southeast Arkansas has the myth of being the last habitat, or at least having the last claimed sightings of the big Ivory Billed Woodpecker. A former boss of mine thought he'd seen one in low country in Georgia. Had a call like a sort of lower tone party horn.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
Years ago when I had a Boy Scout troop, we did a five day hike down the Buffalo River. It has been designated a "National River" rather than a park and a wide swath of land on each side has been allowed to slowly return to wilderness. It is a very beautiful place. I hope Elbert took some nice photos. This would be a beautiful time to be there. Our scout hike was done over the school spring break which would be at about the same time of year. Maybe he will be kind enough to share a few pictures.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
When I get back up to God's country Iowa I'll figure out how to share a few photos. Your boy scout's did better than this flatlander, TG. I lost my breakfast on the morning of the second day :rofl:

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
Wow, I never knew Arkansas was so popular! And we even have a tobacconist in Little Rock that is pretty good. (And, yes, another in Bentonville, up north.) Good people, good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.