PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Sounds fun! I haven't backpacked since our kids were born, but a pipe and tobacco were always the one tiny bit of luxury weight I allowed myself to carry. I liked to stop at some scenic point around 2-3pm for a long afternoon break, make myself a cup of tea, and puff on a small bowl for 30 minutes before heading into the rest of the afternoon. The pipe was a good thing to have after dark too, of course, but it's the teatime breaks I remember best. Enjoy your trip!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
That looks like a good time. Well, except for that thing that looks like "American" cheese. :wink:

Enjoy

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Thank you all. I am exhausted, but had to come on and say that was the craziest hike in the world 9 miles through mostly rock I did enjoy my pipe on top of a Mountain with a stunning view, but the hike was to intense. edgreen it's munster cheese. escioe no shotgun needed, but wish I had more water.

longbowman

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2014
Looks great. I add a tomahawk, a good knife, and my hickory walking stick. Nothing beats a fine piece of hickory...

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
" I did enjoy my pipe on top of a Mountain with a stunning view,"
= Nature's church. If you were lucky enough to see any wildlife, that only adds to the experience and the peace that comes from it!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
That frog didn't hear you coming? LOL! Your best chance at seeing wildlife up close is either by yourself or perhaps with a regular hiking partner where you can control noise & movement. Hard to do that in a group.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
Great time of the year to hike!! I've spent many a mile in the trails of the Great Smokies.
Toadshade

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Been going to the Catskills for years. I also love the Adirondacks. I've also hiked the Appalachians, the Rockies, and N. Mexico's Caballo Mts.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I am a firm believer that, if the good Lord wanted us to walk he would have left us on all fours. Much more efficient I think. If we were supposed to walk He never would have invented Henry Ford, Daimler or Benz.
I hope the hike was filled with color, sometimes obscured by tobacco smoke, and that the weather was grand! And, that you were accompanied with someone special to share the wonder with.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Warren, your explication is well taken. And, many times, after I have hiked for miles, while carrying my gear I to wonder that perhaps God had made a mistake, whereby creating me human, instead of a 4 legged creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.