PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
So for those of you unaware, Mississippi's main B&M, The Country Squire, hit a wonderful milestone this month with their 45th anniversary! One of the awesome events hosted was a trunk show of Briarworks, Icarus, and Neptune pipes with Pete Prevost in attendance to talk about his and Todd's creations. For a 45th anniversary memento, people were able to pre-order a pipe done by Pete and Todd just for the Squire, the "Reeves Edition," with only 15 being made. I sadly missed out on the pre-order, but to my luck, someone who pre-ordered had to back out; this left one of these beautiful pipes for sale last night. I made the decision to purchase this pipe after trading in 2 other pipes to get a better price. What a wonderful decision this was! The pipe has been an excellent purchase, as I smoked it last night. BEAUTIFUL finish and it smokes like a dream, along with being a once in a lifetime kind-of pipe.
Pete himself is quite the amazing guy! Very talkative and a wonderful people person. He told me of how he began making pipes, starting with buying a pipe kit while on the road touring for music.
The pipes He and Todd made, though technically "factory" pipes, are all wonderful. All pipes I had observed had BEAUTIFUL finishes and superb drilling, including my Reeves Edition. I can certainly say these are wonderful pipes, and are worth the buy! These makers certainly know what they're doing, and they're excellent people. If you don't have one of these pipes, buy one!!
Here's a picture I took of my 45th anniversary pipe last night

fullsizerender_by_cchalbach-d95nygg.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice pipe and a good stroke of luck that one became available for you. I've been eying a Neptune long Strawberry for quite some time now. Sooner or later I know one of them will end up in my pipe rack. Enjoy your lovely new pipe. :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
My second favourite pipe right now is an icarus straight apple which simply obliterates any other pipes I purchased around the same price range. It's a bit on the small side but I've dedicated it to some of the burley blends I'm beginning to turn to which have a bit more Vit N than I'm typically comfortable with. The smaller bowl is perfect in that regard.
I'm highly jealous that you got to attend CS's anniversary! I'm a huge fan of their podcast - it's a great compliment to the pipes magazine radioshow; the ladder being very pipe-focused and the former being more prone to tangents and adjacent interests. The coupling of Beau and John David is great! Beau isn't too abashed to represent the view of a new pipe smoker and John David can fill in the gaps with some more sage experience.
Both podcasts are thankfully very well produced as well. If you haven't checked them both out you really should!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Wow, what a wonderful pipe! The Country Squire is such a great place and Jon and the other folks there are always fun to pass some time with. I wish we could have made it down for the party, but both my wife and I have a hard time driving in the dark. I guess we'll just have to spend the night next time.

Enjoy that pipe!!

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
Thanks for the comments, gents! The Squire certainly is an amazing place, I love that it's my local B&M! I plan on getting an Icarus pipe soon! Their stubby apple pipe is simply awesome, and I would've bought one at the trunk show if it wasn't for me buying this 45th Anniversary pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.