PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I recently picked up a straight billiard marked HICKOK and I'm interested in knowing if it a Brand, Sub-Brand or simply a tobacconist's marking.
I've exhausted my research capabilities on the HICKOK,and although I've seen them for sale as a Brand, I would like to hear from someone knowlegeable on the subject.
P.S. Same question for GOLDEN AGE and ST.REGIS

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Hickok was a very popular brand of leather products back in the 1960s (primarily belts and wallets). There may be a connection.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
@papipeguy
Thanks for the info. It seems these pipes are for sale as a vintage brand, but I can´t find any information to confirm this.
@kcvet67
Thsnks for the lead. I followed it up but it seems Hickok made such a name with their belts and buckles that even if they manufactured or distributed tobacco pipes, mention of them wold be hard to find. However, being into men's accessories, a pipe thrown into the collection wouldn't have been a bad idea.
Whether it's American or Belgian makes no difference to me as I picked the pipe up for about $6.00. It´s just my curiosity on the history of the pipe gets the better of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.