PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Brazilian guy, very new into pipes but with tons of experiences with cigarettes (6 years smoking all types, now I don't smoke anymore) and a little experience with cigars (I like it a lot but it's too expensive for me... each good or great cigar like a Cuban or even a good national one costs a fortune).
Smoking pipe is easing my mind here with this horrible political crisis in my country but let's not get into that.
I hope to enjoy you guys' company and vice-versa!

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I am fairly new pipe smoker too. I've learned a lot here and everyone is very helpful.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Greetings from the USA and best wishes for you and your family. This is a great spot for forget about all that mess.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Welcome. One of the better and newer pipe carvers is from your homeland - Gustavo Cunha, who sells his pipes under the marTelo brand. He’s not on this forum but you can find him on Instagram.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Thanks for the greetings everyone!
@folanator, indeed I hope it is... The pipes are helping me. Is there an off-topic section where I can talk about world matters / politics?

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Finally got it, thanks to advice by Cosmic in another sub-forum to another member!
It's the same profile picture I use on Facebook. :)

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums!
Is there an off-topic section where I can talk about world matters / politics?
We do have a General Discussion thread, but politics threads generally don't end well. They typically get shutdown when things get a little heated. I try not to get into politics issues as everyone probably has to endure enough of it in day-to-day life and really would rather come here to talk about pipes, tobacco, smoking, sports, you know, things that we want to talk about that make us smile and happy. I mean, I get into enough political debates with friends that I don't want to get into it here. I much prefer talking about fishing, hunting, football or wood working......speaking of which, I need to start my new design for a pipe rack I want for my office...maybe I'll get right on that.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Bem vinda! A política no Brasil é louca, mas está acontecendo em todo o mundo. Olhe para a América. Espero que o louco Bolsonaro seja derrotado! Anyhow, it is nice to have an international presence here. Yes, politics is frowned upon in the forum but I sympathize with your situation in Brazil. Strange times indeed. I hope enjoying a nice pipe will bring some comfort during trying times.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
@seldom, very hard to live with that situation, even with the pipes... I hope that my new Savinelli that's probably coming tomorrow gives me a boost! :lol:
Gotta look for some new tobaccos though. Captain Black isn't satisfying me.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Welcome to Forums Sir, I have always been under the impression Cigars ,especially those made in Brazil and Honduras would fairly affordably priced in Brazil similarly to tobacco products such as standard cigarettes and pipe tobaccoes.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
@paul, medium-quality cigars here are relatively cheap, be them national or from caribbean region.
The problem is that the greatest cigars (Dannemann, which is the best) costs around R$30 - R$60.
In dollars, that would be $7.5 - $15.
For my budget it's a habit I can't afford. I'd rather buy a basic Savinelli and smoke some nice basic tobaccos.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
@olkofri The "Romeo Y Julieta Mille Fleurs" is around 33% more expensive than here for example.
Maybe because there's a culture of tobacco here in Brazil.
Not talking about pipes, but here the cigars are a tradition. Dannemann is the most traditional brand. You should try.

Status
Not open for further replies.