PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike660

Lurker
May 31, 2017
I bought a Hi-plane tobacco tin and I was wondering what origional made up the blend. I have spoken with Steve Laug of rebornpipes, Charles Lemon of dadspipes, and Russ Oullette master blender of Hearth and Home and no one could help me. I tried searching online for tobacco, copyrights, and catalogs but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone here know how to help me here? Any help would be appreciated. The blend was made by the Larus & Bro. Co.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's what you smoke immediately after joining the Mile High Club. :mrgreen:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
^^^That is a tough one to follow. :clap:
I will say that Hi-Plane must have been exceedingly good, because people spend hundreds of dollars hoping to get crumbs from emptied old tins of the stuff.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Interesting, learn something new every day. I love how no matter how many baccos youve heard of, chances are there are a bunch more youve never heard of...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Virginia and burley usually pair well, especially if you happen to like the proportions in a blend. Plus, the Virginia usually improves remarkably with age, and burley keeps well, so with proper storage, it only improves. I enjoy blends that also include a condiment portion of Cavendish, and if this happens to be based in Virginia leaf, well! Plenty of these blends around, starting with PC Log Cabin, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.