PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiooi

Lurker
Sep 27, 2018
You can call me Joseph, I am a new pipe smoker of only 2 months so far only smoked out of cobs but I am hooked.
Thanks for having me.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I'm just over 2 months into my pipe journey too. Been learning a lot here and enjoying the interaction with other pipers.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome to your own personal journey.
When I started pipe smoking about 5 years ago, I thought it was going to be a once a week thing. I quickly increased to 2-3 bowls per day, all in the name of stepping up the learning curve. I've gone through phases where I explored several versions of a particular blend type in order to understand what I like or don't like. Interestingly, I've managed to discover the virtues of most blend types whether it be an English, a Burley, a VA/Perique, an Oriental, a Lakeland or even a Black Cavendish Aromatic. There's a lot to this and the learning never seems to cease. I now have a number of personal favorites and a much shorter list of ones I wouldn't bother with again. It turns out I tend toward the more subtle flavors rather than the in your face blends. All in all, I feel it was worth the journey as now I can better select a blend I'm more likely to enjoy based on reviews posted here or on tobaccorewiews.com. Nutty Burley, Smokey Latakia, Soapy Lakeland, Rich Oriental, Sweet Virginia with some Peppery Perique or a lightly flavoured Vanilla Rum Aromatic - I love them all! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.