Tags:  No tags yet. 

Hi!

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by minfarshaw
  • Latest reply from mayfair70
  1. minfarshaw

minfarshaw

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around the forum for sometime but haven't posted anything for some reason. Just wanted to say hi! I'm still smoking the pipe but a lot less nowadays. I just had a bowl of LBF in my MM Country Gent. It lasted about 2 hours and man I felt it when I got out of my chair. Dizzaaaym----- and then munchies! Does anyone else get the munchies after a bowl of baccy?
    It is good to catch up with you all. This forum is awesome.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, welcome back! As far as the munchies go, I think it would be unfair for me to blame the tobacco. I'm the kind of guy that eating makes me hungry.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi! I remember your posts. It's good to have you back. I think most of us disappear for prolonged periods due to a life change. As long as we keep on smoking the pipe we're bound to return, eventually.

Dot
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi min, nice to hear from you again. About the munchies... are you sure that's LBF in your pipe? Nah, couldn't be anything else, right? I've never gotten really hungry after smoking the pipe, probably because I usually smoke more often after I've eaten something. Hope to hear more from you if you get the chance.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. minfarshaw

minfarshaw

Login to Send PM

Nah Orley. Just baccy. And maybe its a good idea to eat first. The nicotine hit me in the bum this time.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. cossackjack

cossackjack

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome back.
    No munchies for me, but for you it may indicate lowered blood sugar due to nicotine.
    Take care.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects!" - Robert Heinlein
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Has the opposite effect for me.....suppresses my appetite. A cup of coffee and a bowl in the morning and I'm good til lunch. I also like smoking after a big supper though.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. didimauw

didimauw

Mod

Login to Send PM

I recently just quit smoking the pipe. Not tobacco. And ironic as it sounds in more hungry then I've ever been...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@didimauw

Maybe your nickname could be Non pipe smoker!

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nicotine is a natural appetite suppressor so Im sure it's something else, welcome back

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

shutterbugg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoking has made me thirsty, it's made me have to visit the can, but it's never made me hungry. I too have always smoked after meals.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Smoking a pipe helps relieve stress I find but never gave me an appetite. Now, cigars on the other hand have been known too keep one regular.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. mayfair70

mayfair70

Felis Nicotiana combustus

Login to Send PM

Hi Minfarshaw !

I do get hungry after my morning smoke and coffee. Both are supposed to suppress appetite. Apparently my nervous system didn't get the memo. I'm amazed you have been around this long and still want to talk to us. Welcome back!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made. -Groucho Marx
    Mouse-catcher on The Black Frigate
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jpmcwjr, jaytex969, laniromee, cdmjr, jiminks, danimalia