Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
hh-latakia-flake-fire-725.jpg

Mac Baren's new HH Latakia Flake will be made available to the public for the first time this coming Friday at the Pre-Show and throughout the weekend at the Chicago pipe show. Here's our review:
In Mac Baren's Secret Service

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Nope junkyard, I disagree. Nothing to see here, everyone please move on in an orderly fashion. Pay no mind to this new concoction and carry on with your normal buying habits.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
@yazamitaz That will not work. You have to use the force "This is not the Flake you are looking for!"

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Good thing Harris is not into Latakia anymore. Now, if only Peck would follow his lead....but he smokes some English blends so he'll probably order a hundred right off the bat. I can see it now. Click submit order button....reply comes back....I'm sorry....but this is on backorder....would you like to be notified when more is in...?

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
That sounds spectacular! I can't remember E. Roberts reviewing a tobacco that he did not like? I can taste it already and this new Lat Flake is on my short list!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
This stuff looks REALLY good. I just popped my fresh tin of Pease's Quiet Nights and that stuff is amazing. It is the closest thing i have had to Penzance. It was actually recommended to me by Jeremy from SPC as an alternative to Penzance when i called to ask about availability on a couple of tobaccos. Honestly, he was right and if you haven't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and pick some up.
Really anxious to get ahold of this HH Latakia Flake, though it will probably hit Penzance availability status in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I cannot attend the Chicago show but would love to get my hands on some of this. If a member would feel inclined to pick me up a tin or 2 I would be eternally grateful and certainly fast forward a payment. Please PM if someone can make it a possibility.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Yeah, like I'm gonna skip an article with an opening line like that! :clap:
His writing skill is exceeded only by the acuity of his palate.
BTW, the illustrations in all the feature articles have been really top notch, and bring a lot of interest to the copy. Nice work!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Yes Jfox, that is what I meant, "this is not the latakia flake you were looking for", "continue your ordinary buying habits" while waving my hand in front of ALL of you. I mean let's face it, do you REALLY want to buy this, let it sleep in the cellar for a while HOPING it will be good? Nah, you all need to ignore this baccy and be pragmatic.
"You don't even like Latakia" "You want to buy a cherry bomb aro blend" "You would prefer horse shit and hay".
WHEW, glad no one will be trying to get this now

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Loading a bowl of this from Per's tin, and smoking a bowl with him on Friday afternoon was one of my highlights of the weekend. I found that the tangy sweetness of this flake really developed and opened up as I progressed through the bowl. A rich, big bodied and resonant smoke, that was easy to enjoy with a simple fold and stuff. Smoked in my Pete Rosslare 80S.
-- Pat/Brian

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Good review jfox, I placed an order with my B&M for several tins which is something I never do without at least trying a blend or flake at least once. I fear that this new flake is going to get gobbled up and I don't want to be left out in the cold. There's been so much written about this latest concoction and so much in the way of build up that it would seem that there would be truckloads of the stuff roing out as we speak. I can't wait to try it!

jfox520

May 24, 2013
Thanks settersbrace. I really enjoyed this blend. I do believe that your are correct in saying that it will get bought up as soon as it hits the shelves.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I have been waiting all weekend for the SPC monday updates ... then it finally comes and no HH Latakia flake on it.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Just weighing in here to say that after just about exhausting my first tin of this, it has become one of my very favorite tobaccos ever.
The earlier reviews are spot on and I just cannot say a word against this stuff. That a lat bomb can be so EASY to smoke so much of -- a revelation.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As long as everybody else is throwing in a link to their review, I'll throw my hat into the ring, too.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-macbaren-hh-latakia-flake-review

Status
Not open for further replies.