Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

HH Lat Flake available

(8 posts)
  1. tslex

tslex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just an FYI and SPC has HH Lat Flake in stock.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is this a frequently sold out item now? I know when it first came out lots of people were snatching it up.

Last I checked, P&C had it in stock regularly.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I have been buying a tin or two every two weeks for the past several months from SPC. 10 tins now cellared, and half a one opened for smoking delight. There was a bit back in late April or early May that it was pretty sketchy and people were snarfling it up.

But this was not too terribly long after it was introduced at a pipe show in February or March of this year...

What is going on now is a hoarding rush. It was announced in the forums a week ago that the price of this was going up in the next few weeks--guestimates have run from a couple dollars through $6.

I already have an order in-route that has 10 more tins in it. At the rate I smoke Lat Flake, these 20 cans represent over 4 years of supply!

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's good stuff so I'm not surprised that it is a popular smoke. I believe things will settle out soon re supply as the next hot item hits the market.
    FWIW, I just got a tin of their Navy Flake. also a very nice blend.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. conlejm

conlejm

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I also love the HH line of Mac Baren blends. I have 25 tins of each in the cellar, plus some of the bulk offerings jarred up as well. I've never found them to be in short supply, save when they are on sale.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Crap, I forgot about the MacBaren price increase. Guess my next order I'll try to order as much as I can afford.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. tslex

tslex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Derfargin, I think we're right on the tipping point where it will be regularly and readily available. The initial furor has died down and you are not going to see the production and distribution challenges that keep the Esoterica products in short supply.

I mentioned it today since last time I looked at SPC it wasn't in and today it was.

It has jumped way to the front of my rotation. Just really hits the spot for me.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

HH Latakia flakes are awesome. I rotate between that and Gaslight. Can't say I favor one over the other each has its own special qualities.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bigpond, willyspiper, mawp, tobefrank, ben88, cossackjack, pappymac, pipestud