PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpipe

Lurker
Apr 1, 2018
Im from Norway.

Been smoking pipes for a few years now.

Well ive been smoking a pipe every easter for many years, i guess because my grand father smoked a pipe back in the days..
I used to crack open sigarets and put it in my pipe and smoke it as a easter tradition.. A pipe stamped made in china..
A few years ago i broke the tennon off, and i trew it away ind figured id make my own pipe.

I did so and it was a crap pipe..

So i searched alittle bit about pipes on the internet and realized that i havent ever realy tryed pipe smoking.

You can read a whole day just about how to pack a pipe, i just jammed the tobacco in and lit it a hundred times..

And hundreds of types of pipe tobaccos..

So i got me some briar and olive wood and made a decent pipe and bought som real pipe tobacco.. capstan i think was my first.. And since then i have been smoking pipes about every day.

Found out that one pipe wasnt enough, also foynd out that people actualy bought used pipes.. newer would have tought that was a thing..

Since the prices on estate pipes were almost free compared to the new pipes i bought a few estate pipes i fixed, and some cheap ebony pipes.

Now i have a decent rotation of pipes and big problem with the pipe tobacco being insanly expensive in Norway..

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A big welcome! You have an interesting story, and I'd love to see some photos of the pipes you've made.
Enjoy your time here!
[Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.]

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Hello sir. I'm in the Faroe Islands so we're almost neighburs. Here it's not so much the price but availability that's the problem. To each his own. Welcome

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Welcome. 4noggins used to ship discretely overseas. New ownership, but I imagine they still do.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
My mom’s parents were from Norway then settled in South Dakota.

Welcome to forum.

kpipe

Lurker
Apr 1, 2018
Thank you all!
this seems like a great forum. lots of good info and helpfull people here..

kpipe

Lurker
Apr 1, 2018
Posted a pic of the pipe i made in my album if you want to see. I call it the Mosquito cause its a short nosewarmer that keeps the mosquitos away from my face when im in the woods.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Those tobacco customs and taxes are a huge revenue stream for governments everywhere. It's resourceful of you to make your own pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.