Hey From Denver! (also looking for a south-Denver meetup)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
Celtic Brewer here!
This is my second post on the forums. I started pipe smoking a couple of years ago when my father found an estate pipe (an old EW Wilke). I really enjoyed tinkering with it but didn't really know much about the tobacco side of things beyond carter hall...

6 months ago or so I went through a pipe revival of sorts as a result of mentorship from a friend. I picked up the old wilke and tried some quality tobaccos. Since then I have immensely enjoyed discovering some English and VaPer blends and began reading more and more from this forums in order to grow my "want to try list". As a relatively new smoker, I am still working to sort out my palate and to try some of the quintessential flagship tobaccos for each tobacco blend type in order to see what I like. So far I have really liked Englishes (Kramers Father Dempsey, Nightcap), VaPers (Cabbies mixture), and burleys (rich dark flake, 656)
It has been a great discovery process and I have really enjoyed the posts on this community. Reading about all the great tobaccos led to my second pipe, the Savinelli Clark's favorite.
I am planning on going to the pipe league meeting in October, but was also interested to see if there was anyone in south Denver (I live in castle rock but willing to meet up anywhere here in parker or highlands ranch etc) that wanted to meet up at a cigar lounge to share a bowl or two, trade tobaccos, or to preview different blends.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. I purchased a Savinelli Clark's Favorite at the Chicago Pipe Show back in May and I've been really happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.