Hey Everyone. Been Away for More Than a Bit.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Estate Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes
9 Fresh Radice Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
A lot has happened in the past several months. Have been on unemployment for what seems forever. New decisions being made and I have now joined the transportation forces if the USA. In the next few weeks/ days I will be going to CDL school and becoming one of the 30,000 truckers to deliver at your favorite stores/ shops.
Still puffing but had to resort to El Cheapo blends to get by. A little embarrassed to admit but a mans got to do what the economy hands him. Hit me up. I will respond and maybe will be in your neck of the woods to enjoy a bowl in the near future.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Welcome Back..I've been wondering about you..My son lost his factory job 10 years ago.He became a trucker.Now he trains other drivers.He likes the job except that he doesn't get a lot of time at home..I sincerely hope that all goes well for you..Good Luck.

Aug 1, 2012
Welcome back and no worries, you gotta do what you need to to survive. The trucking business can be really great or not so much, it's all in what you make of it. If you ever get out my way in Wyoming, drop me a line and I'd be happy to talk local trucking (frac sand) over a bowl or 3.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Welcome back! hope your new venture works good for you. If you make it through Toledo, let me know and we will smoke up. MY TREAT!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
A similar situation put me in a truck 7 years ago. 1,000,000 miles later I left to pursue pipe making.

Feel free to ask me any questions. You need to talk to somebody thats been there and done it. Dispatchers and driver recruiters want to treat you like a mushroom, keep you in the dark and feed you crap :D

Shoot me a PM if you want my cell number.

Best of luck.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Hey toker nice to hear from you again. Don't know much about trucking but I know there is work out there in that field. I talk to the guys when they make deliveries to my shop. They are always busy. Good luck I hope you have smooth sailing getting back to the workforce.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Good to see you here again. Very sorry to hear about your unemployment, but good on you for starting fresh. Best of luck and hope you'll stick around if you can.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Now uber sure there are bad apples out there. But, remember 2 things.

1) The truck driver is a profecional. Lots of tests to take and pass, lots of laws to abide to, and they have a load that weighs up to 80,000 lbs. wouldn't want them making any mistakes.

2) They could be having a bad day also.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Archery is good. It's helped get my head strait. Focusing on what's important in my life and making a career to support the wife and kids is it. I will be posting my locations periodically once I go solo on the road which will be in a few months, maybe I can enjoy a bowl or two with you guys at the truck stops I will be at. Hard to find parking with such a big fancy warehouse on wheels.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Most truckers I see are excellent drivers. It's all the other assholes who think it's ok to hop in front of a truck that takes some time to start and stop that are to blame.
Welcome back Toker.

Status
Not open for further replies.