PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Latakia and Perique loves unite!!!!
NIGHTWATCH (crumble cake) by Hermit Tobacco Works
Did someone say they liked, latakia and perique?...lol!
This is definatly a latakia and perique lover's blend. The blend is mostly dark black strands of latakia. There is a fair amount of perique as well because you not only can taste it, it tingles your nose when exhaled. The tin note is a latakia lovers dream. That rich leathery smell that says "if your man enough" taste me.
First light, the latakia smoke fills your whole mouth as this is a full bodied smoke for sure. The flavour of the latakia lasts throughout the whole bowl. The perique is present with every single puff and when you get down to the bottom of the bowl it is awesome. The virginia's and I think orientals are there but take a back seat and just provide the accents to this blend, which suits me fine.
The blend burns cool, and smoked well in both small and larger pipes. It burns to a nice light grey coloured ash but I must stress it is very important NOT to pack to tight. This smoked best packed loose and just a gentle tamp after the char light.
I love this stuff! This is not for everyone. I have become a bit of a lat and perique junkie and this tobacco would be a bit over the top if you aren't a lat junkie as well.
Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.