PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings all,
Here they come again. This time to fund the Americans W/ Disabilites Act.

They will NEVER stop. Check out the proposed tax on PIPE TOBACCO - $49.55 a pound! OUCH!
Senator Tom Harkin (Democrat-Iowa) has introduced S. 1403 in the U.S. Senate, a bill to reauthorize and fund the Individuals with Disabilities Act.
A portion of the funding for the extension of the Individuals with Disabilities Act would come from increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, snuff and chewing tobacco. The proposed tax increases are as follows:
Cigarettes

Current Tax Rate

$1.01 Per Pack

Proposed Tax Rate

$2.01 Per Pack
Little Cigars

Current Tax Rate

$1.01 Per Pack

Proposed Tax Rate

$2.01 Per Pack (weighing 4 ½ pounds per thousand)
Pipe Tobacco

Current Tax Rate

$2.8311 Per Pound

Proposed Tax Rate

$49.55 Per Pound
Roll-Your-Own Tobacco

Current Tax Rate

$24.78 Per Pound

Proposed Tax Rate

$49.55 Per Pound
Single Use Smokeless Units (Snus)

$.10 Per Single Use Unit
The bill would tax all other tobacco products at a level equivalent to the tax rate for cigarettes on an estimated per use basis as determined by the FDA. Also, each of these cigarette and tobacco tax rates would have an annual inflation adjustment. Currently, there is no similar bill in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Source: http://www.natocentral.org/
As always, stock up and stack it deep.
CACooper

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
How does smoking involve Individuals with Disabilities? Cancer Research? OK. Lung disease? OK. Looks like they're just grabbing at straws to come up with funds to pay for programs. Stupid. Insanely stupid. Looks like I'll be stocking up heavily again.
-Jason

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Just contacted my Senator AND Congressman letting them know my disapproval of yet another backdoor sneak.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
As a differently abled American, they can stuff their tax it hurts the most. The tax won't benefit me or any other disabled person. We have literally dozens of federal & state agencies to provide us with numerous services. Taxing pipe smokers provides only more money that is unnecessary. They should just stick to curb cuts and kissing babies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Hell! I can't even get a disability from the government and they are taking away the little I can earn as a pipemaker. My Dr and I ar back fighting them . I have arthritis in my back so that being in any position for long is hugely painful.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
It's interesting to note that Al Franken is a co-sponsor of this obscenity. I never liked him as a comedian and he's even less funny as a politician.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1403is/pdf/BILLS-112s1403is.pdf

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Our Government sucks the big one ,incompetence runs rampant ,illegal activities , coverups , lies , dishonesty , overspending ,no morales , no integrity having bunch of scum sucking low life pieces of sh.. . That should just about cover it . Still clinging to my guns , my Bible and Iam keeping my change .And may George Soros rot in hell for all eternity . When they break the whole damn thing who will pay then . :crazy:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
enough to make you physically sick..we get to watch the world go to hell, and the Sheeple never looked up from their grazing for fear of the Big Bad Wolf

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Just contacted my Senators on this. It may do no good but at least I can say i said my piece.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well my Senator said he'd be opposing any proposed tax increases to tobacco in any form, because he believes it would lean too heavily on the stores and further injure an already unstable economy. All we can do is hope it doesn't pass.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I'm opposed to any new "tobacco tax" but one that funds bull$hit legislation like the "Americans with Disabilities Act"....Ahh don't get me started. :mad:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Looks like I'll have to contact my state senators...again. I think my message is going to be, "Dear Honorable Senators Cornyn and Hutchison, Re: S-1403: will you please, once more, shut these @#$%! idiots up? Thanks, The Baron

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Always, always email, write or call them. It really does matter and the government makes it easy to do now, so there's really no excuse. I already know my 2 Senators will oppose it, but I expressed my vehemence anyway.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I had some friends ask what to invest their money in.....gold....stocks? My response was buy alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Why do you think the government has an agency for that.....regulation, taxes and control. The three before mentioned items, aside from food and water, are more useful to barter with than gold or stocks. Just added five more pounds of bacci to the cellar (oddly it was CH and SWR this time). Have to up the alcohol and firearms to keep the balance. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.