Here is the Culprit, That Red Headed Woodpecker!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Here is the culprit that keeps us awake some nights. About 11:00 pm he likes to start 'pecking' on this Walnut tree which is just outside our bedroom window so the sound is very loud! Notice the small holes he's pecked into this tree while going around in circles. He is one handsome dude!
The image quality is somewhat poor because I was taking the shoots from about 100 feet away and through a glass storm door.
woody2.jpg

woody5.jpg

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice pictures.
We have a pair of Downy Woodpeckers that show up now. We have another that has a red head similar to yours but the body is not nearly as colorful. Not sure what it is.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I believe what you have annoying you is actually a red-naped sapsucker. Beautiful birds they are. I love to watch various woodpeckers while I am hunting. However, I wouldn't care for one to be enjoying time by my house.

B

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
You might want to have the tree checked out. They do that to eat the bugs in the tree. If it is close to your home just to be safe.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Dur buy a Owl Decoy, they have them at Marinas to scare other birds away and hang it in that tree. Had the same problem only the sap sucker was drilling on my upstairs sidding on my story and a half home. Bought 2 and hung one on each side of the house. It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.