PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I got my (Carve Your Own Pipe Blocks)in ,from pipes and cigars today.I bought a straight,and a bent.I hope I dont make an ass out of them,but I have a feeling I will :roll: Will post pics....Wish me luck, :lol:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Good luck, The only bad self made pipe is the one You don't make so have fun. :clap:

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
ah man just go for it. worse thing that happens is you learn a bunch of lessons for next time.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Good luck on your pipe making and have fun with it. I look forward to seeing just what you come up with.

Jul 12, 2011
good luck brother, you will do fine, like others have said...make sure you have fun and enjoy it, don't worry too much about cuts/shape just enjoy and learn from the experience...it is great you got some pipe-kits and are taking on making some pipes

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I keep eyeballin them there kits . I wish you the best of luck and may you have as many fingers when you finish as when you started .

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
With even a worst attempt, using a pipe kit, you'll still have a pipe that will smoke and the best part, you made it yourself.
Igloo, go for it, I'm sure you'll enjoy a pipe you made yourself,
I have to say to anyone that wants to give making themselves a pipe, the first pipe I made was ugly, but I was still proud of it and as far as I'm concerned, it smoked like a dream for a pipe made with my own hands.
I'm not an expert by any means, but if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you out if I can.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Update....There will no longer be a Straight pipe! It got trashed!I dont like the idea of the holes already in place,and stem fitted...Went a bit deep...ok a lot deep,on the bottom of what would have been a sitter...Swish,there's the tenon....I'm wishing I had bought the blocks and shaped,so I could have drilled after rough shaping..One more to go,I think I will put it on the lathe tomorrow eve.If I ass it up...I will buy stems,blocks,ect... And try it all from scratch...Dammit! :lol:

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Ok guys and gals ...... I give you the Potato Egg....Not really the shape I wanted,but with the shaft coming pre shaped I was a bit scared to take another go at it.As usual,I was not patiant enough to find leather dye,so I went with the natural finish of carnuba wax.I started out with 80 grit paper and worked my way to 1500 grit.I still believe that doing it from scratch from a plane block would be better but here is what I ended up with.

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Sorry for all the pics,but I wanted you to tell me what was right,and what was wrong...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.