PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Hey guys. I'm looking for a knock your socks off vanilla tobacco. I've tried Bella Vanilla (meh) and the Vanilla Creme Flake (closest I've found yet). But what is your favorite a Vanilla tobacco?

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Vanilla isn't the first word that comes to mind with 1-Q. Someone suggested Molto Dolce too, which I like, but it isn't vanilla...

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Vanilla cream flake is good in the proper pipe. Molto Dulce mixed1/2 & 1/2 with 1Q is mighty fine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
1Q doesn't "taste like vanilla," but I think that's the magic sauce. The signature of excellent aromatic blending is that

the flavoring doesn't hit you with a brick, but enhances the tobacco flavor, brings it up a notch. I think that's true of

Peterson's Irish Whisky also, for example.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I'll have to try Buster's recommendation of making MD1Q, it sounds like it has potential.
I've never tried 1Q but I do love Molto Dolce.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
For something a bit left field you could try James Fox's Hibernia, which is basically a VaPer with a "touch" of vanilla - although to my palate the Perique is almost undetectable and the vanilla is applied by the bucketful. I find it too cloying - and it will haunt, indeed demonically possess, your pipe - but it's definitely worth a go, if you can get it.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I love 1Q but I too don't think of vanilla when I smoke it. I have some MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake. The flavor of vanilla is definitely there but there is something about the blend that is displeasing.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Milan Tobacco's 2013 Christmas blend. It's definitely vanilla, but it's closer to shisha than to what I usually smoke.

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
Hey guys. I'm looking for a knock your socks off vanilla tobacco. I've tried Bella Vanilla (meh) and the Vanilla Creme Flake (closest I've found yet). But what is your favorite a Vanilla tobacco?
Great question my friend! I have been looking for the exact same thing, I love vanilla..

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake would be my number one as I appreciate the harmony in this blend between vanilla and natural tobacco flavors - especially when aged.
I see no one has mentioned Pipeworks & Wilke Mettowee: a good, clean vanilla smoke. I would also recommend their No. 191.

Status
Not open for further replies.